Brake lights always on after connecting a spoiler.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Hook dvom on light wire,only V when hitting brake? Check both off, resistace to gnd? Spoiler wires, disconnected, resistance to gnd?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
The Third brake light might have a short within its circuit. I suggest pulling the light and wires out of the spoiler and inspecting all the wiring. Use a battery to check the lights/polarity. Maybe the third brake light has reversed polarity at the connector? Possibly the wiring for the coupe vs the spoilers third brake light wiring is opposite in other models the (sedan or coupe) spoiler wiring of a different year? I am just guessing here and have no first hand experience with this particular circuit because mine came with a spoiler from the factory.

Good luck.

6thgenius

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, guys! Alright, so I definitely have a short in the spoiler, so I keep it unplugged for now. Inspected bulbs one more time, had to replace all of them... And I see that power goes to the brake switch, but nothing gets to the bulbs. I really doubt it's the brake switch. What else can it be?

6thgenius

Reaction score
Sorry, do you mean the brake switch connector? It shows power there. Also I tried two more brake switches just in case. Inspected the wires, nothing suspicious...

6thgenius

Reaction score
Alright, I got it fixed! I had a burnt fuse box on the driver's side. Hope it'll help someone in the future.
a88e03a4848a21e5fc1818df5738a5bb.jpg

6thgenius

Reaction score
My comrades, I need your opinion. My brake lights don't work again. Tomorrow will be my 3rd visit to the Honda dealership. They fixed it twice before. First, they replaced the driver side fuse box, then I came back in 5 months - they pulled out my keyless entry and replaced the fuse box again. Are they being honest with me? Is it really the whole fuse box? How come everything else is working fine? And if this is really it, why does it keep happening? I'd appreciate any food for thought.

Back