Brakes and Rotors

avio07

Reaction score
Go to ImportRP.com for the cheapest deal on brake pads/rotors, I picked up a set of blank brembo rotors for the rear and hawk hps pads for $148 shipped.

Trust me if you have a v6, you would want to avoid the cheap brake components, it's the most vital part in your safety. Spend the extra bucks, if you are on a budget, pickup some Centric OE rotors with Akebono pads, and you should be good :)

You can even get OEM pads for $50/pair from ebay sellers, genuine honda pads are good but the rotors suck.

Baby_Sly

Reaction score
You post up if you need help with ANYTHING.. that's what we're here for.

I am glad y'all did! I was told by the mechanic at Honda Services saying that my brakes are in great shape, just needs to replace the rotors. They said that re-surfacing it is the cheapest, but I dont agree with that entirely.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I am glad y'all did! I was told by the mechanic at Honda Services saying that my brakes are in great shape, just needs to replace the rotors. They said that re-surfacing it is the cheapest, but I dont agree with that entirely.
Just get new ones. I've had probably 50 sets of rotors surfaced over my lifetime with different cars and was never happy with any of them.

russiansohcf23

Reaction score
I just installed today Duralast/Aimco rotors with EBC greenstuff pads and I have to say what a awesome combo. This morning on my way to school my pads got so warn that the metal started to dig into the rotor. So I immediately got the OEM rotors and pads replace and I am so happy. I have to say that it is a big difference than the OEM pads and rotors. I wish I could say more but I only have about 40 miles with the new setup, but I recommend it. Pretty cheap.

xmsleepr

Reaction score
so this whole thread concludes at... wagner thermoquiets and OEM rotors perfect for daily drive 60-0 no problem everyone loves it...

what about someone like me that does a decent amount of hwy driving and would be braking from 100-60 quite often with the random contructions we have here every few miles... i get brake fade and they heat up... BUT i am using ebay blanks + ceramic rotos (was planning on going 5 lug so cheaped out on brakes when i bough car thinking it would be temporary)
on the other hand ive used autopart internation premium ceramic pads and oem rotors on my previous car and still got undesireable brake fade...

i was thinkin Brembo slotted + Hawk PC i have an 2.3l, is caliper upgrade what i want or?....

outsidaz2k

Reaction score
sorry to bring up this old thread but i wanted some insight on the slotted or drilled rotors before i get them next week.. mostly everyone says that slotted is the best way to go and drilled are not the best way to go for dd.. but i was reading on howstuffworks.com and came upon an article about the difference between drilled or slotted rotors. They wrote:

"Of course, slotted brake rotors aren't perfect, either. They tend to wear down brake pads very quickly. Because of this, the most common type of performance brake rotors found on production performance cars are of the drilled variety. While that type of construction is seen as too weak for racing applications, most everyday drivers should have no trouble with drilled rotors on their street cars and can save the slotted rotors for cars that are racetrack-bound."

any of you guys have an input on this? cause I need to change my braking application ASAP.. heres the link if you guys want to get more in depth info on what they have to say: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/brakes/brake-parts/brake-rotors2.htm

Back