broken axle

lwlba

Reaction score
hey guys, for those of you who had the h22 swap with h22 transmission, what kind of axles are u guys using?

I am currently using the prelude axle and prelude intermediate shaft. Once i replaced the axle on the driver side, i have been running into problems with the new axles popping out and/or break on me. Today it just popped out of the transmission again, and i can't have it towed anywhere at the moment.

I replaced the driver's and passenger side at the same time, but the passenger side did not have any problem. (I am using the accord axle for the passenger side. ) From my understanding, for the driver's side axle, as long as you have either both the accord axle and accord intermediate shaft, or both the prelude axle and prelude intermediate shaft, then it should not be any problem.

So my question is, anyone konw why this is happening? any help would be appreciated.

-Wen

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
you should alwasy use your cars axle

and the intermediate shafts are the same

so, accord/lude intermediate shaft and accord axle

lwlba

Reaction score
reason why i used the prelude axle is that i have used the prelude ones ever since the swap was done and i haven't ran into any problems.

and i dont think the accord axle with prelude intermediate shaft combo works because i bought the accord ones and they wouldn't go on. I thought the combo would work at first too, but after going through many different axles at autozone, ihave concluded that they dont.

so u would recommend that i take the accord intermediate shaft and accord axle then?

thanks matt

-Wen

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
some lude inter axles are male, but there are some female ones

i am 90% sure that i have a lude inter shaft on my card

lwlba

Reaction score
some lude inter axles are male, but there are some female ones

i am 90% sure that i have a lude inter shaft on my card

very interesting matt. did not konw that they have both male and female intermediate shafts. thanks

but would u happen to know as to why my axle keeps popping out? It's never happened before i replaced the old axle..

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
what are you doing that causes it to pop out?

turning, launching, ect.....i.e. is it tq or steering or speed related

lwlba

Reaction score
what are you doing that causes it to pop out?

turning, launching, ect.....i.e. is it tq or steering or speed related

it was just normal driving. i made a u turn and it popped out.

lwlba

Reaction score
that hard of a turn tells me the axle is too short

any clicking?

oh okay. but what do u mean by clicking? it went clunk once and the axle was popped out if that's what u meant.

Back