broken moonroof?

Lee49645

Reaction score
so yeah i decided to open the moon roof on my accord for once and i noticed that it didn't open all the way like other ive seen. when i open the moon roof it opens only about 3/4 of the way that the cover slides. i can barely poke out the car with it like that. i would post pics to show but its raining like hell right now =/.

i drive a 2000 V6 coupe. so if anyone knows whats up please let me kno.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
3/4 of the way back? Sounds right to me! The moonroof on our coupes doesn't go all the way back into the roof, there's still a bit of glass that remains in the opening.

From what you described, it sounds normal, but do post a pic. Maybe you rode in a sedan before and that's the difference?

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
definitely don't just compare them to other types of cars :hihi:

i think you're fine. :)

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
i think in mine (coupe) the glass stops and you can only pull the back about another inch

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Yeah don't compare them to other cars. Some moonroofs (or sunroofs I call them), come all the way back and even go up a lot. Like the Preludes. But yea it's supposed to stop ¾ of the way.

turtlebone

Reaction score
moonroofs are made of glass that you can see through while closed, while sunroofs are solid and you can only see through them while opened ;)

Neight

Reaction score
I think it is normal as well, when i was in my friend's 98 coupe, i opened the moonroof and the 1st thing i noticed was that it didn;t open as far as the sedan's. So my guess is that you are ok.

Back