Buying stuff over the forums?

nskyline342

Reaction score
hey guys im new to buying stuff over the forums, from other members. well im interested in this coil but im confused how the transaction works. its not like buying things over the internet (ebay,amazon,etc...), so if i pay the guy over paypal how would i know he shipped out the item :thinking:.... im confused, can someone explain how the whole process goes?

truWarier02

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're speaking about NASOHC. I paid him through paypal and we met up an hour later and finished the transaction.

Don't worry, he's a trusted seller/vendor here on this forum. If you're anywhere in the LA/OC area, save yourself some money and pick it up instead.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Well the user would email or PM you to let you know it's been shipped and give you a tracking number if one is available. Since you're paying through paypal, you have protection for if they don't ship the item. You'll be able to file a claim if that happens with paypal and get your money back.

nskyline342

Reaction score
He never shipped the coilovers to me but I paid him through paypal and we met up and finished the transaction (He gave me the coils). Assuming you're speaking about NASOHC.

Don't worry, he's a trusted seller/vendor here on this forum. If you anywhere in the LA/OC area, save yourself some money and pick it up instead.

Its a different guy selling FF1 coils, im waiting for him to message me back but i was jsut wondering if this deal did work out....how would i go about paying and making sure it would get shipped. Do i pay first or how does it work?

nskyline342

Reaction score
Well the user would email or PM you to let you know it's been shipped and give you a tracking number if one is available. Since you're paying through paypal, you have protection for if they don't ship the item. You'll be able to file a claim if that happens with paypal and get your money back.

ohhh alright thanks bro, sorry about the noob question

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Just to add, you only have protection if you pay the PayPal fee, so be sure to do that unless the seller has a rep on here or if you know them or dealt with them before.

There's a lot of good faith dealings on this site, and 99% of the time it works out. There have been maybe 3 members in the past few years that have just stiffed someone and disappeared.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Its a different guy selling FF1 coils, im waiting for him to message me back but i was jsut wondering if this deal did work out....how would i go about paying and making sure it would get shipped. Do i pay first or how does it work?

For online transactions, buyers always pay first just like anywhere such as eBay. Since you're dealing with Paypal as a medium for your transaction, you shouldn't need to worry too much as the poster above mentioned. Just ask for tracking number or signature delivery confirmation.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u're both in CA.. just meet up with im if he's close by....

Back