Can a V6 running a non dual exhaust system?

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
The v6 models stock catback system runs on a single piping and split at the end to create two mufflers. This sounds like a dumb question, but would it be okay to run a single pipping relatively bigger (maybe 2.5 pipping) than the stock pipping leading to one muffler, rather than making it split into two mufflers? Thanks

jwong512

Reaction score
Yes you can and that might actually help your car as you would be increasing the backpressure but the gains will be very minimal.

Stee-Bo

Reaction score
Thanks guys I just got it done today with custom pipping and a SR-S muffler sounds real nice.

jwong512

Reaction score
Good choice and glad you enjoy it. The V6 on our cars don't push enough air to require 2 mufflers.

Alis98v6

Reaction score
Sorry new to the forums and i dont mean to thread steal, just quick question, I wanna install an exhaust o. My accord too and its a v6 should I go with dual or single exshast ? Is prefer torque rather then higher horse power ... sorry for not makin a thread n if its a dumb question

jwong512

Reaction score
Well if I remember correctly, without a tune an exhaust will make you lose a bit of torque but I could be wrong. The gains will be very minimal but if you want any gains in general, having single piping would be ideal.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
if you have a stock engine, then run single pipe. If you have a Jswap, you can still run single, but make sure the diameter is larger. The dual is generally just for aesthetics.

Back