Can I do it?

srikid

Reaction score
Is it possible to change my driver side rear bearing assembly, both rear rotors and pads, and shocks, in one day?

I plan on waking up early on saturday morning and tackling these task. Is it something I should be able to finish by like 8PM if I start at like 9AM?

Hopefully I should be able to gather all the parts and tools by friday so I'll be all set to go on Sat morning. What do you guys think?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
brakes shouldnt take more than 45 minutes per pair...unless you have rotor screws :skurred:

f23accord2000

Reaction score
the bearing shouldn't take anymore then 25 min that how long it took me for the rear bearing and brakes shouldn't take anymore then 1 hr being picky like i am and dremel any rust particals and so forth off and the screws on the rotors are nothing if you have the right tool took me 2 sec to take off mine,just remmber antisieze and caliper greese are your friend use it on everything

srikid

Reaction score
So what would be the right tool you are talking about besides a screwdriver to remove the rotor screws?

What about replacing the shocks? Is that hard to do? About how long will that take? Any advice or tips on this part of the project?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if youre lucky, just a screw driver. since you wont get that lucky, youll need a big screwdriver so it doesnt strip. after that doesnt work, you can torch em and try a hammer driver...which is a chunk of metal you pound on that imprints the screw head pattern into what youre unscrewing.

drilling em out would be the last resort...torch and hammer screw driver should take care of em.

Back