Can Rota's really do this?

tornado

Reaction score
i don't know...the pics where they sit side by side, one rim has the spokes raised but the other on has flat spokes...maybe it's me...:hide:

MikeyMike

Reaction score
NOTE: this was a 500hp civic that prob has 400+ lbs of torque, that was auto X'ing... not a 150hp accord with 10 lbs of torque

PS that 1 wheel could be photoshopped.. and the other picture, whose to say the rims dont have different offsets?

it could be some kids "idea" to show his car has POWAHHH and it can twist wheelZ!! ZOMG!!!!

Last edited:

turboputz

Reaction score
I think something like that would be more likely to happen with drag slicks where there is one moment where all the power is coming at once and you have a huge amount of grip.

But in Auto-x it's more like a constant load. In most auto-x you would never get a chance to really use all that power. Maybe it was a big course though.

I still think it could happen though, with those power levels.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i can see that happening with all that power...look at the tires he's running...aluminum bends....i bet he could do that to the racing hart version of those wheels too tho....it's more the design of the wheel that led to this IMO...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have read too many stories/seen too many pics of people's track issues running with Rota's. I'm going to go with the MythBuster's
mythbusters_plausible_spray.png
on this one.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea my guess is the on and off heat in the stop and go melted them a bit till they twisted and once they cooled down, it just stood that way...

its possible only one wheel since the wheel closest to the tranny is what our hondas mostly drive on... thats crazy tho

Last edited:
Back