Car Audio Problem

mo.v6accord

Reaction score
Heres my problem. When my car is on accessory my subs act fine and work great. When I start it up they immediately start making noise even with the radio off. It almost seems like electrical interference. They get faster with the RPM's sometimes eve. You cant hear it with the radio on. I just want it figured out! Thanks in advance guys.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
How did you run the wires? You're suppose to run your (+)(Battery to amp) wire through one side of the car and the radio/(in/out) lines through the other. Most likely that will be your case. Running them through the same side of the door causes electrical interference and causes that wine.

Lets say you ran your power through the passenger side (I did that), run the other wires through the driver side of the door.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Where did you ground it?
Like he said, could be electrical interference.
Does it occur in speakers or just the subs?

mo.v6accord

Reaction score
Its just in the subs. And its on a ground in the trunk between the seats and the box. Right behind where they fold down.

mo.v6accord

Reaction score
grounded to a bolt between the trunk and seats. BEhind the box. there aws another cable grounded there as well.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Okay.

Try moving the ground. A self tapping screw into the rear strut tower is a good location. Alternatively, you can, although I do not recommend, attach the ground to a bolt to your rear struts.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Could also be ground loop noise, there are little boxees that go inline with the rca's to fix that. they are isolation transformers to block dc current flow in the signal path.

Back