(Car found on page 17) Goodbye 6th gen car and hello new car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I honestly am confused because the VW seems to be the exact opposite of what you were wanting. I am sure you got a great price, but it seems like you really are not solving your problem? Seems like you ar replacing your accord that had problems with just a VW that will probably have issues. Not a smart decision in my book, but if you are happy Matt, then congrats!

I agree with all of this. I'm glad Eric said it because if Roy or I did, a certain Canadian member would yell at us. :lawl:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
This car will do fine for a DD. I'm very happy with it, parts a cheap, and its a tank that gets great gas mileage. My good friend knows everything about VW so ill always have a mechanic

I wanted white or red and 3k is a steal considering my bbs wheels and factory recaro seats are worth 1500 dollars alone.

I had a few set backs so my budget for a car shrunk quite a bit so I fell back onto plan B which was go all out and purchase one of my dream cars, the mk2 jetta. People may not understand why I bought this car, just like a lot of people don't understand modifying honda accords, but I understand. This may hurt but this mk2 is faster, uses half the gas, and handles better already than my the accord.

I promise there will be no heavy modifications at this time besides restoration.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I had a few set backs so my budget for a car shrunk quite a bit so I fell back onto plan B which was go all out and purchase one of my dream cars, the mk2 jetta. People may not understand why I bought this car, just like a lot of people don't understand modifying honda accords, but I understand.

Geez Matt, you go from expecting to buy a 20-30k car to buying a 3k car within less than 36 hours. Either you initially handed us a bunch of **** or you're the most unlucky man on the face of the earth. I hope for your sake, it was the former and not the latter.

Good luck with the new car! :thumbsup:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I would have spent more than 3k but like I said some set backs happened and I went from having amount of money to saving money and buying this car.

I dont know how else to explain it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
This car will do fine for a DD. I'm very happy with it, parts a cheap, and its a tank that gets great gas mileage. My good friend knows everything about VW so ill always have a mechanic

I wanted white or red and 3k is a steal considering my bbs wheels and factory recaro seats are worth 1500 dollars alone.

I had a few set backs so my budget for a car shrunk quite a bit so I fell back onto plan B which was go all out and purchase one of my dream cars, the mk2 jetta. People may not understand why I bought this car, just like a lot of people don't understand modifying honda accords, but I understand. This may hurt but this mk2 is faster, uses half the gas, and handles better already than my the accord.

I promise there will be no heavy modifications at this time besides restoration.

im sorry, but there is no way on earth that a mk2 jetta with an old, stock, 23 year old 1.8L is 'faster' than even a j30 6g with a manual swap. even brand new that jetta would not be quicker than the accord. either your accord had performance problems, or youre just excited because its your 'dream car'.​

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
I would have spent more than 3k but like I said some set backs happened and I went from having amount of money to saving money and buying this car.

I dont know how else to explain it.

and you didn't ask us to chip in some money for your car?

Bravo, I must say this is a step up over your past self, or should I not use the word step? I don't wanna make any kinda connection to a 12 step recovery system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back