Car overheating when stopped

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
I replaced the spark plugs trying to stop the engine cutting out thing after almost getting stranded today on my way to work. The old ones don't even have 2000 miles on them yet but here is what they look like. They are in the same order in the photo as they were in the engine.

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
The plugs didn't help. It died 3 times on my way to church and once on the way back. On the bright side the coolant level is staying where it should be.

james'99

Reaction score
Top off the reservoir and see if it sucks any down. It probably should take down a little. When it dies, is it violent? Have you checked out the main relay?

Jpocolypse

Reaction score
It sucked it down just a little bit but is holding the fluid just fine and i attempted to reflow the main relay with a heatgun. I talked to my mechanic (he actually works for Honda and does his mechanic work on the side) and he said it would be a few weeks before he can get it in.

james'99

Reaction score
It sucked it down just a little bit but is holding the fluid just fine and i attempted to reflow the main relay with a heatgun. I talked to my mechanic (he actually works for Honda and does his mechanic work on the side) and he said it would be a few weeks before he can get it in.

So long as it is sucking it down, keep adding. It should stop sucking eventually

Back