Car randomly turns off....

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
Thanks all! I'm going to look into the ignition recall. Any guidelines or a certain date on that recall or you think I should be able to just do it?

Call your local dealer and ask them if your car qualifies for any recall campaign. They will be able to check when you give them your VIN #

blackdout

Reaction score
i had the same problem it ended up being my main fuse relay every time it got hot out side the car cut off i ended up checking on the recall and buying a new fuel pump but the main fuse relay was my reason

Griffeycom

Reaction score
Even if your car has done the ignition switch recall already it could very well be the ignition switch again! I learned that the hard way. I'm just hoping mine won't need a 3rd!

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
i had the same problem it ended up being my main fuse relay every time it got hot out side the car cut off i ended up checking on the recall and buying a new fuel pump but the main fuse relay was my reason

Like I was going to say, don't forget about the main relay and its solder problem when it gets hot.

Wasn't aware of an iginition recall though, looks like our Accords had more than I thought.

00Silvy

Reaction score
My car didn't qualify for an ignition recall. They told me the 2000's were fine.

It happened again and this time the car wouldnt turn back on. Waited 25 minutes turned on and drove for a bit then turned off again and wouldnt turn back on. I had it towed to my local quality shop.
I'll ask them about the main fuse relay. Thanks.

tunedaccord

Reaction score
mine used cut out on idle turned out to be a dead cell in the battery its all better now with a new battery

00Silvy

Reaction score
I'm sorry it was the Fuel Injection relay. That's probably why. Either way thanks for all the great info!

Back