car shutting off prob

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
When your battery died, did you accidentally cross the terminals when you were jumping your car>?

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
well the car just dies, like no warning. honda checked the alt when the said your batt is dying n there the 2nd ones to say it fine, i thought your dash starts dimming out when your alt is bad ? imma gonna check out that recall because i didnt do it when i was notified. i never had to jump the car, i just throw it into park n turn it back on

lithiumus

Reaction score
I had a similar problem and because I was out of town, my wife was dealing with it and working with the dealership to figure it out. They were pretty useless since most dealer mechanics are pretty terrible at troubleshooting and go by the book and is always wanting to replace something.

We even gave the car to the service manager to drive home and he couldn't figure it out. My wife kept saying that it was fuel related and I kept telling her on the phone to push in that direction...

Turns out it was a faulty fuel relay. The mag coil was probably wearing out and the current wasn't keep the leads connected 100% of the time and it would cut out, usually on decel to a stop. I think it's a $40 part but they'll want $60 or more to install it. It's a bit of PITA to find but once you've located it, it's not hard to replace it yourself.

Probably good insurance to get a new one anyway. The Accords are not known to have bad fuel relays but fuel relays are a known part to fail.

Back