Car trouble starting

HighTech

Reaction score
Jeez, it seems like this accord was a bad buy. not only is the turbo smoking and the power steering fluid bubbling over. but now its having trouble starting.

this started a couple days ago. Id start the car and it would be cranking for a bit then start after a while. starting yesterday I would have to do this several times over the course of 20-30 minutes to get the car to start. theres new 750cc injectors and spark plugs. And I can hear the pump prime.

I was told to prime the car 3 times before i started this. could this be the cause? flooding perhaps?

and also the car is tuned for 94 octane. I only used 94 octane however I did put half a bottle of seafoam in the tank and now my gas is running low. could this have anything to do with the trouble starting? theres also a lot of smoke from my exhaust could this be from the seafoam as well as the turbo or is it just the turbo?

sorry for all the questions recently im 17 with absolutly no money so im trying to fix what i can myself without paying $80-$100/hr shop rates...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^I’m guessing he bought someone’s project, because if had done this swap himself he should know how to troubleshoot fuel issues since they're the most common when going turbo.

With the swap, there are so many variables here that could be contributing to this. You need to start trouble shooting all fuel related issues. I’ll start you off. It’s not your main relay since you said you can hear the fuel pump engage. Next I would drive the car to get the seafoam out of the system and keep filling it with whatever fuel it’s tuned for.

As asked before, was the car retuned after the injectors were installed?

HighTech

Reaction score
Sorry for the long reply, it was someone elses proejct,
the car was tuned after the injectors was installed, its a 4cyl H22a, stick (5sp)

Today I put in new NGK iridium plugs and put in some gas but now my battery is dead so ill get back to you guys with the results once i get it boosted.

There is only a CEL that happens when it finally starts but if i kill it and re start it the CEL goes away.

Back