Car turned off at 100mph

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
The other day I was in my cousin's car driving to work when I noticed my other cousin coming in the fast lane with his RSX-S ... Just messing around I got behind him and flashed my lights ... He took off and I followed him ... I was originally going about 65mph but then I got up to 100 mph ... after being on 100mph for about 1 min the car turned off ... :thinking: ... I turned my hazard lights on and started to move to the shoulder ... but then it just turned on again:confused: ... And then back off and then back on:poke:.... Once I got out on an exit I had to stop at a light and it turned off again ....:squintrun: ... I tried turning it on and it would turn on for about 2 sec and turn right off (It fully turned on and then off) I got out of the car after about 3 trys popped the hood looked around everything appeared to be ok ... no leaking oil was ok it had battery was connected tight ... (5 min inspection) had her turn on the car and it turned on ... I revved the engine from the hood alittle everything still looked ok ... I don't know what happened.

Did I push her car to much?
Do you think its the alternator? (I think this is the problem)
Maybe it wasn't getting any gas?
Could the battery have come loose?
Could there be something wrong with the exhaust? Maybe its clogged.

Anyone have any ideas?

Its a 98 accord 4dr completely stock with no signs of any modds ever done

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
This happened on Saturday for the first time and hasn't happened since ... She bought the car about 6 weeks ago ... Later that day I put fuel injection cleaner in her car just incase

st3b0

Reaction score
I'm 95% sure you need to have the ignition recall done on your car. My car would also randomly turn off and back on while driving too. Take it to the dealership and they should take care of it. If not, the part is less than $50 and it's really easy to DIY.

This is what i used.

Alis98v6

Reaction score
If the problem happens again look into a sensor in the steering coloumn, I had the same problem with my accord v6 tho. My car would stall out from time to time and it was a Sensor above my immobilizer and the vibration from the car was causing it to stall out .... idk if u have the same issue, yours could be simpler

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
It's because you were going 100 mph. Accords are family cars and will shut down if you go past 100mph. Don't do it and you'll be fine.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
well 1st problem is that u were using ur car wrecklessly,

2nd of all... what makes u think u can keep up with the rsx-s??? it has like 100 more hp than ur 4banger... :ohyou:

3rd, y did u even go 100mph??? :Smoker:

if u need help listen to st3bo... he knows what he talking bout... :thumbsup:

Back