Car Won't Start (P1607)

crossfire

Reaction score
Battery, spark plugs and fuel pump all working.
I just got home from pulling a P1607 error code (EGM/PGM Internal Circuit Failure) at O'Reilly's.
When I got home I reset the code and tried starting the car and it wouldn't start. The starter is cranking, but the engine never starts. The check engine light did not come back up. My key light is blinking as I try to start.

I was thinking it could be a bad key, but neither key works so if anything I would suspect a ignition cylinder problem.

Can anyone chime in on things to try/check?

001Stunna

Reaction score
My key light is blinking as I try to start.
I dont know if any help but do you have a spare key for the car???
That would happen to me when i was trying to use a cut but nonprogrammed key on the car.

crossfire

Reaction score
I dont know if any help but do you have a spare key for the car???
That would happen to me when i was trying to use a cut but nonprogrammed key on the car.
I've tried my two keys. When this started happening one key worked But now neither key works.

001Stunna

Reaction score
I've tried my two keys. When this started happening one key worked But now neither key works.

hmmm well from googling around it seems many suggest that a solder joint could've broken in the ECM causing the issue. Many just replaced the ECM with good results...however you will need to reprogram the immobilizer if you do such.

Check the charging system for proper charging voltage and check for excessive AC voltage in the charging system. Also verify the battery is not weak or there is a corroded battery cable that will cause this code to set. Check the ECM powers and grounds. If all is good replace ecm.

P1607 PCM Internal Circuit 'A' Malfunction
Possible Causes Setting Conditions
PCM has failed
Key on, and the PCM detected an Internal Fault 'A' condition.
Note: This trouble code indicates an internal failure in the PCM. The OEM repair procedure recommends replacing the original PCM with a "known good" PCM and then verify the code does not reset.

This code sets in 1 Trip(s).
This code will turn on the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)

Last edited:

crossfire

Reaction score
So I removed the ECU and took it apart and I found a broken component that I believe is the one causing my trouble.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Does any one know what component this is? I can solder on a new one if I can find the component. Or if anyone has a bad ECU that I could transplant the component.

Also, is this something that Honda should be liable for? This is ridiculous that the component would crack off like that. That clear stuff scattered around is a clear protective layer that was applied on top of all the electronics.

001Stunna

Reaction score
You can always try and take it up with your closest honda dealer. I'd say just JY hunt for a matching ECU and swap it in.

crossfire

Reaction score
So I found out that part is a power rectifier. So I am either going to try and find an exact replacement or try to find a broken ECU.

Back