Car wont start!!

HighTech

Reaction score
Alright, so a 2 weeks ago the car had intermittent starting problems aka it would only start after a while of cranking. about day or so the car would no longer start.

the starter was recently replaced, yesterday I put in new NGK spark plugs, and i bought $10 worth of 94 octane and put it in the tank.

The car keeps cranking but wont turn over. I literally just got the battery back from Canadian Tire 10 minutes ago and its the second time i brought it over and the tests show the battery is good and the battery is currently charged.

all the fuses (driver side, passenger side and under hood) are good. the battery terminals are clean. I called CAA and when they tried to boost it we could here the fuel pump click for 2-3 seconds when the key was on the on position so they said it wouldnt be a main relay problem.

Im bringing it to a mechanic on wednesday but before I go i want an idea of what this is. PLEASE HELP I NEED THIS CAR ASAP!

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
have you checked the spark plug wires and the distributor cap and rotor?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
turn off everything in the car that makes noise before doing the following..

-turn the car 2 clicks to the on position.
-listen for a "humming" like noise coming from the back seats and trunk area. (it also helps if you fold the back seats down if you have to do this in a busy area with alot of sound in the background)

if you dont hear the noise then your main relay went out. its a common problem in our cars.

if this is the case, PM me.. im pretty sure i have an extra one laying around.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you hear the 2-3 second whine when you turn your key to the ON position, then your fuel pump is engaging, which usually rules out the main relay. Main relay failure is also due to high heat levels building up in the car, which is why a lot of people who can't start their car when it's been sitting in the sun open their doors and after a few minutes the car will start.

Last edited:

scrapnav6

Reaction score
to check the fuel pump disconnect the battery and pull the hose on the fuel filter. make sure its the hose at the rear. find the plug for the fuel pump and put power to it using a back probe, if it shoots out fuel the pump is working.

also check your throttle plate. if its carbon covered it could be struggling to open when you crank it. try flooring the gas pedal while your cranking to try to start it.

HighTech

Reaction score
That you all for the replies.

My battery terminals are tightened and clean (bought brand new ones every powers up card cranks but wont start)

I do here the car whine and something like fluid being squirted somewhere in the front when I put the key in the on position.

Me (CAA and I) have tried the gas pedal to the floor and cranking and it still doesnt start.

I also noticed sort of a very low thumping sound coming from the gas tank area when I'm cranking it idk if this might be something...But its still not starting. How much does a problem like this usually cost including labour??

jdmcg3

Reaction score
^that cant be determined cause none of us know what the problem is or are there to see what the car is doing when you try to turn it over.

But I think Honda charges like $100 to diagnose the problem. Plus you would have to pay to get it towed there.

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
I had similar problem, needed to get my ignition replaced. Don't quote me on it though, that was the problem for my car when it was acting like that (with everything new)

Back