'cause i can

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea dude, if you reverse the polarization that ****s gonna be white background and blue text/stuff. so itll be bright as ****, haha. brighter than now, thats for sure.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hopefully ill have a tl-s come spring so ill go double din screen :hihi:

but if that doesnt happen, im moving to a premier prs880. such a sexy bitch and itll go even better with the polished cc knobs. white text on black blackgound...mmmmm :boink:

the best part is its still the "dual round" format instead of teh ghey single huge knob :ughrun:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
meh

they were good when they were old school...now theyre just another chinese brand...

keychain

Reaction score
Good Stuff :thumbup:. I remember you doing this to your clock and odometer back in the day.

finch13

Reaction score
haha, screw that. mines got 7, and ive used 2, haha. green in my accords and when it was in my gti i used red.

I've only ever used blue and green for long period of time. They were the only colors that made the deck blend in on both my 5g and 6g.

I know what you guys mean about the decks being as bright as a tv. When I wired my Alpine into my 6g whatever wire I crimped on to the dimmer wire keep burning out my interior light fuse so I just disconnected it and now it won't auto dim with the headlights on. Alpine has this amazing feature that you can hold down a button for a few seconds and the screen will go off... but the backlight stays on, which defeats the whole purpose :fail: damn deck wont flip down because it's motorized

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Still contemplating using the p film. :rolleyes:

If I did the ODO, I'd wanna do the clock and CC screen too, though. And that sounds like it'd be a bitch.

Andy, how long does it take to do these things?? I need to hit up your old thread sometime....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
it takes a little to do it. i think my headunit, start to finish, took about an hour.....and i think about the same went for my odo. you just have to be really careful and gentle, cuz if you crack that glass, which is easy to do, youre screwed and need an entire new piece. ive done both clocks and odo's in both my accords, and out of everything ive reverse polarized, the clocks were by far the easiest because the glass is removeable. with my odo, its soldered in. tho i have seen one that wasnt, and i have a feeling it might be the later model 6g's cuz thats when they kind of changed around how the gauges were put together.

Back