CEL: P0325 (Knock Sensor)

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I'm getting a P0325 CEL and I don't have an extra knock sensor handy so I tried swapping out my fuel pump (I had an extra one so I figured I would rule that out first). I'm not getting any misfire or any fuel trim codes so I doubt it's my fuel injectors. So before buying a new knock sensor...is there a way to test it?

Also if anyone has an extra one and are willing to sell it let me know. I do not want to go pick up a duracrap one from the local autoparts.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
if you ever have the problem of a broken knock sensor.. check ebay. i bought a brand new oem one from there for less then 10 bucks shipped

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
if you ever have the problem of a broken knock sensor.. check ebay. i bought a brand new oem one from there for less then 10 bucks shipped

Thanks for the info. I definitely did not want to **** out over 100 bucks for a piece of crap duralast sensor.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
okay so i need some help with my knock sensor...

im trying to replace my old broken one.. but the coolant pipe is in the way. is there any way i can get this old one out without taking off the head. cause i did just do a head gasket replacement and would love not to deal with that again or pay the monies for a new gasket.

please help.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
okay so i need some help with my knock sensor...

im trying to replace my old broken one.. but the coolant pipe is in the way. is there any way i can get this old one out without taking off the head. cause i did just do a head gasket replacement and would love not to deal with that again or pay the monies for a new gasket.

please help.

I haven't got that far, I just re-tightened it by hand. There's access to it from underneath the car, it's a ***** but it's a lot less of a hassle than taking off the intake manifold. I tried using a short socket but it wasn't deep enough to clear plastic connector off and did not want to risk breaking it off. There isn't much space to work with but I would try a deep socket on a 1/4 inch ratchet. The good thing about yours already broken is that you can see what works without worrying about it breaking. Does anyone know what size socket to use or if there is a special tool for knock sensors?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
its a 21mm (pretty sure). but the socket wont clear the coolant pipe. ive tired everything but its looking like ill either have to take the manifold off or take it to SpeedFactory (local performance shop) and see how much they want to do it. but i dont like taking my car there when its looking like **** and when other parts of the car are in pieces due to other projects.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
You should be able to slip the closed end of wrench on there. And when putting the new one on, be sure not to over tighten, because that will **** it up.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Seems like I have some gremlins stealing my ****, I can't find my service connector to reset my SRS light nor my 21mm wrench. :furious:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
This is what I ended up using.

Photo0258.jpg

(Short/Stubby) 3/8 Ratchet.
1/2in to 3/8 Ratchet Reducer.
27mm Deep Socket (1/2in).

It's all I had to work with because the auto parts store did not have a 27mm Deep Socket for a 3/8 Ratchet which is ideally what you'd want to use. If you don't use a DEEP socket you WILL break the plastic connector on the sensor and you will be ****ed. You can access the sensor from underneath the car but please use jack stands. Safety comes before anything. Walk the new sensor in until it seats on the block. Then put the 27mm DEEP socket on the sensor first followed by the ratchet with the reducer (if applicable) and then tighten it. I don't know how many ft lbs (not like you can fit a torque wrench in there anyway especially with the oil filter in the way) but I just tightened it about a quarter turn. Pretty simple thing to do I know but it's a damn expensive sensor and I want to give people the heads up before breaking a new sensor and having to buy it twice over.

Last edited:
Back