cf hood probs

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the clear coat on my cf hood is fading at the spot where the motor is.... is there anything i can stick underneath the hood to prevent the heat from killing the hood? thanx.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the guy i bought it from said it was a VIS.... but i doubt it...

i got a new cf hood... just wanna take better care of it b4 it fades like the previous one

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it was a VIS it should have a VIS label right above/below the latch on the hood.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
If it was a VIS it should have a VIS label right above/below the latch on the hood.
then it's not :p

the new one's a GTP hood :D

djpm05

Reaction score
my ViS is perfect, not messed up by the engine heat at all. the new hood should be fine, I wouldn't worry about it

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i want a cf hood :( . i was thinking, when i get my insurance check, i should get prolly around $700 or so including the $500 deducatble, so im gonna try to get everything all fixed up really cheep, like hte triangle window, and tint for it (might DIY), and ill have to get the door handle and lock installed tho, i dont wanna mess with that. but if i can get this stuff cheeply done, then ill have to see how my finances are doing, cuz i do still need a headunit, and id have to buy that with any remaining money, then with anything i have left, i might try to save for one, they look soo sexy.

acrod99

Reaction score
Mine was supposedly a VIS, too, bit it ain't. From what i know, a VIS should also have a bolted-on metal latch. I've never had the problem you had, though. that is just strange. Good luck with your new one.

Back