Change battery w/o losing radio code

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
go to the dealership for the code... as long as u can proff that u own it, they can run the vin for u and tell u wat the code is

jwong512

Reaction score
That would be impossible. The moment you disconnect the battery, it loses the power to keep the radio powered and the security mechanism kicks in. Don't you have a local Honda dealership around your area? I'm sure you can just go, show your VIN, and get your radio code.

jhl86

Reaction score
my local honda dealer wants 90 something for the code, which i think it's a total rip-off

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ya rly...

...or take it to the dealership and have them change the battery...make sure they reset your radio presets...ask the service manager to write down the code for you as a PS or favor?

really...you dont have (m)any options out there...
1. pay the dealership for the code
2. have them do the battery and reset the radio
3. buy an aftermarket radio
4. buy another stock radio off here or ebay with the number included?

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
wow ur stealership are really trying to rip u off,just try and see if they can change it for u for free or get a new radio..
I've been to the delearship close to my apartment twice and and they never charged me once for the two different cars i took there..well as long as u prove to them u own the car (which they never asked when i got there even after i called them earlier to verify)

Deshon2688

Reaction score
open your glove box and look for a sticker on the back of the door, your radio code should be on it.

unless that's just me...

Back