Changing trunk from manual pull to electronic

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I bought an alarm and am planning to swap out the manual cable pull as seen in the image as group #10, to the electrically activated (actuator) version as seen in the image as group #12.

Since I am wiring it to an added relay to be used with the alarm I really just need to know if this is all I will need to release the latch when powered and that it will fit.

trunklockingmechanism_zpsd3d7b34b.jpg

Majestic Honda link:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...X+(LEATHER)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=TRUNK+LID

lashlee

Reaction score
If you are using the alarm you can just add the relay for power and get an OEM part out of an EX that will keep the cable (since you will want a back up) and have the actuator for the power opening.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Perfect. Now are the parts I listed above (#12) correct and complete for the job? (Like I said I will add a relay for the alarm trunk feature.) Just want to be sure before I place an order.

Last edited:

schmiddr2

Reaction score
If no one knows that is ok, as I will be doing it regardless, even if I have to order other parts to finish it. But one bump.

I'll take pics so others can know for sure what parts are needed.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Someone did this the aftermarket route on Acurazine with their TSX, it'd be worth your time to search for that thread.

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Well I got the part. It looks right except the plug on it does not match the one on my LX. I guess I will have to read the manuals and figure it out.

lashlee

Reaction score
I think mine had the same plug but I had to add the wire for the alarm to activate the solenoid. Now that I think of it, I did mine right after I got it in 98 so they might have changed it in later years.

Back