Cheap lil N/A setup...

turboputz

Reaction score
? im a noob and im lost :(

Dude what do you want us to do, upload stuff directly to your brain that we have been talking and reading about for years Get a book or just keep reading, but please stop being :icon_gay:

I was on accord forums for 6-8 months stalking around reading and absorbing everything I could before I even started to post. Look at diagrams, find pictures of engine builds, go on web sites of race engine builders, get a haynes manual, start wikipediaing sh*t you don't know, learn what vtec really is, etc. ad inifinitum

If you think you arre starting to put something together in your head, and you have a specific question, then by all means. But to clog up every tech. thread with "I'm a noob, I don't get it, please spoon feed me, and say what you just said in layman's terms" is a little obnoxious. If you want to be knowledgeable it requires a little effort on your part.

Roadrage

Reaction score
ouch...my bad man been working on military trucks (you know the big green things that are the highway) or is down in the desert for the past 8 years..I know about alot ish about cars its just the engine part im not clear on..and im trying to learn the stuff you talking about. but its kinda hard when one guy says it'll work then another says it wont. Besides to think that i'm risking my life to protect to keep this country free..what for for people like you...geez, chill out man!

turboputz

Reaction score
I said I would chill out. As far as the build I'm doing its all going to work, I'm not really taking any big chances. I think you're referring to the discovery that he K20 rods are too short for the F23 sleeves from the "Info" thread, which goes against the premise of this thread. In the end it takes somebody making a calculated and researched risk. The K20 rods being too short doesn't rule out K20 pistons, which we know are the same bore. Bore is the width-diameter of the piston.

So to redirect this thread in a positive way: Do we know that the wrist pin, which is how the piston connects to the top of the connecting rod, is the same design on the K20 and F23 pistons? Is there anything stopping us from hooking a K20 piston to a F23 rod without customization?

I know the F23 uses a different set-up than H22's, something called a floating pin I believe.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone has already put K20 pistons on F23 rods on Hondatech. Same pin diameter and width.

ccordex00

Reaction score
Anyone have some actual reliable info on this???? a complete f23 build?
I might take this setup next year with h23 tranny....

accordfiber

Reaction score
Is it mandatory to replace the rods. Can we just put the K20A3 Pistons and rings + H23 Head Studs with the stock rods?

Back