Check em out n' let me know..no (56k)

NINaudio

Reaction score
I don't use a tripod. My camera has optical image stabilization. It helps quite a bit, and it's really necessary when using the 12x zoom! Also, I find that using both hands and holding it in closer (as opposed to at arm's length) to my body helps steady the shot.

I trust the reviews at http://www.dpreview.com/ and they usually give some tips for specific cameras that they test. I also find the full size images they give in the comparisons useful as well. It took me several tries to get that night shot to come out clear, the first few were a bit blurry.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
www.dcresource.com is great as well. dpreview is good except that i despise black web pages lol

tripod is ftw...when i invest in a k10d, the body has shake reduction so every single lens it can use is stabilized...all 22 million :lawl:

when i get around to it, im going to buy a very portable tripod so i can just strap it to my bag and go.

3274465_84569f4660_b.jpg

edit: forgot to clean the sensor dust off this one :run: the chunk has since been blown free.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
point and shoot cams have their place...in landscape photography you'd be hard pressed to out do one with an slr....slr's aperture is inherently larger and thus has shallower depth of field....macro photography on the other hand....dslr owns....point and shoot cameras macro setting is basically setting the cam to it's closest focus distance...where in SLR's you can achieve real magnification with special lenses...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
and dont forget that slr's megapixels > p&s megapixels

bigger sensor = better images (but of course there are exceptions)

HonnnDaaa

Reaction score
dude, how'd you git ur pic quality like dat, i gotta samsung s730, sumwut a lil betta den ur cam(no offense), but i can not git shots like dat, do i have to configure sumthin or wut?!?!

NINaudio

Reaction score
dude, how'd you git ur pic quality like dat, i gotta samsung s730, sumwut a lil betta den ur cam(no offense), but i can not git shots like dat, do i have to configure sumthin or wut?!?!

We might be able to answer your questions if we knew which one of us you were talking to...:thumbsup:

Back