Chewwy's Winter Daily Accord Thread

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by chewwyy, Aug 22, 2018.

1. chewwyy

chewwyy New Member

Hello 6th Gen. My name is Steve, I'm back in a Honda! I haven't had a Honda in almost 5 years now since my 1999 Civic Si (RIP) and I miss it!
    I drive a modded 2007 350Z HR, have my first car a VW MK4 GTI in parts and under project car status, and now we have my new Accord.

[​IMG]

2002 Honda Accord EX-L 4cyl auto : 180km
    -Silver Exterior
    -Gray Heated Leather Interior
    -Sunroof
    -4 bolt Alloys
    -A/C works

The previous owners had the car for 14 years! They bought it two years old from a local dealership.
    Plan is to just go over it and make sure it's 100% up for some long commutes and the battles of the daily grind. I work at a Honda dealership, so I'm going to try and see if one of the tech's can put it up on the hoist sometime soon and take a quick once over on it.

Things to look into/fix before winter
    Solid Interior Clean - Nothing terrible, just 16 years of dirt/grime
    Valve Cover Gasket - Looks like it's leaking there
    New Plugs, Air Filter, Oil & Filter, Fuel Filter
    Transmission Clunks when going from Park -> D4....... Motor Mount Problem?

Please give me a heads up and comment about any normal maintenance I should be doing or considering before starting to drive it every day.
    Also, I like modifying all my cars, so if you know of any good little OEM+ Accord mods I should look at, I'd be very interested!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  2. chewwyy

chewwyy New Member

The other day I took off the Sunroof Visor and the Bug Deflector and gave it a quick pressure wash to get the worst of the dirt/grime off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took some time to spray the engine bay with a degreaser and sprayed it clean with the pressure washer, looks alot better!

[​IMG]

Next up: Interior Clean & Spoiler Delete?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  3. RedRyder

RedRyder Save the manuals

Get rid of that front plate mount while you're at it. ;)

With the spoiler delete you will have holes in the trunk which you could get welded shut (if you're definitely never going to use the spoiler again) or just paint some plugs and silicon and close em up for now. Are you going to put on a trunk lip spoiler instead or just leave it plain?

Now that carmakers no longer put spoilers like this on cars, sometimes I think about putting mine back on my coupe.

4. chewwyy

chewwyy New Member

ha ha... I'm in Ontario, Canada, we need a front plate here, and this my daily, I have no desire to remove the front plate mount.

I ended up removing the spoiler. the base was all cracked and smashed. If I could repair it I'd put it back on but it's beyond repair. It looks like the previous owner took a caulking gun and shoved the tip into the crack in the spoiler and just filled the hole with a black silicone of some sort. I've been struggling to get it all off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took a razor blade and shaved it down, but I still have a little left I can't get rid of. Any tips?

My plan was to paint some plugs and pop em in the holes for the time being. Going to keep my eyes open at the local wreckers for a spare trunk. I don't plan on putting any spoilers back on.

5. Enne

Enne Well-Known Member

Yeesh with that silicone. Might be easier to just get a new trunk lid lol.

Did you keep the nose mask? I like the way those look.

6. chewwyy

chewwyy New Member

That's what I'm thinking! I talked to a guy locally and I think I'm going to have someone fibreglass up the spoiler and fix the whole. Then I can shave down that silicone a little more and I'll bolt it back on.

It wasn't a nose mask, it was a bug deflector. If you want it, I'll happily sell it. I have it posted locally on Kijiji.

7. Greenbean

Greenbean Member

I was gonna offer to buy the spoiler off you but since you mentioned it was cracked... oh well the search continues

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. chewwyy

chewwyy New Member

Yeah, if you were local, I'd say you could have it for free and you can try to fix it, but...

9. aeastman1204

aeastman1204 Member

I have a couple sedan spoilers sitting in my garage taking up space. I’d be more than happy to send one your way if you don’t mind paying for shipping. One is DEP off a 99 sedan, the other is off a silver 01 TL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Greenbean

Greenbean Member

Is the tl the same style as the cg? I would prefer that as the trailer is already silver. And yes shipping shouldn't be an issuse

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk