CHID0's AT to MT swap...

CHID0

Reaction score
Finally makin the switch. I started ordering all the parts for an early spring installation. Just picked up the 5spd tranny yesterday. It only has about 40k on it. Will be ordering the clutch and flywheel as well as the ecu in a day or so...

IMG_2576.jpg

theaccordian

Reaction score
nice, Im assuming your going with teh f23 tranny? where are you sourcing all the other miscellaneous parts?

CHID0

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
nice, Im assuming your going with teh f23 tranny? where are you sourcing all the other miscellaneous parts?
yup f23 tranny....the other parts i'm going through ebay, majestic honda and tas

BadgerType said:
lmk where u get the mt ecu at... i cant find any cheap ones
sure thing....i know months ago there were several on ebay for around 40 bux.

i got the valve cover btw...thanks started stripping the paint today :thumbsup:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
good luck with it man. are you doin it all yourself? thatd be cool....just like retro. i wanted to get my at swapped out, but eh, it wasnt worth it to me. i might just get another 6th gen in a few years, with a 5 speed tho, haha.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, if you are going to go to the trouble, may as well go with an H23 tranny. Anyway, do yourself a favor and buy a nice clutch for it, might as well do flywheel as well.

cg6boi

Reaction score
yeah i was just gonna ask why people just dont start out with a better clutch and flywheel when they buy the parts for the conversion

CHID0

Reaction score
Yeah i'm doing it myself....and i'm definately going to get a light flywheel and a good clutch :thumbsup:

can anyone make a suggestion on the flywheel and clutch....fyi i might be going FI and/or the bottle in the future...

Back