Cleaning up the Classified Section

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Ever since joining I've always noticed how much crap there is in the classified section. At times some threads get so cluttered and so full of garbage that its almost a waste of time trying to figure out what is going on.

on multiple forums I've seen major restrictions to posts in classified sections but the best and most efficient means of posting FS/WTB threads is this:

"You are only allowed to post the for sale notice. There are no replies allowed, for regular members. Editing the original topic does NOT bump the thread. Contributing members are allowed to reply to their own threads only to bump the thread, once a day, or add missing info. Any discussion of for sale threads must be done by PM or email. No exceptions!"

it works exceptionally well and keeps everything nice and simplified, I think adopting such an approach would make everything much simpler and eliminate all the BS.

tckm

Reaction score
yes i agree!
also make sections maybe?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
on pentaxforums, they want you to write "sent a PM" or something like that in the thread. i know how pissed i've been when mine was the only post in the thread, and thought i was the first to PM only to find out someone else bought it. being "second in line" and reserving a spot if the seller allows would also be nice just to let everyone else know.

also, the classifieds there are only 7 pages long. once an ad gets bumped off the 7th page, it goes into the archive. that would clean up the FS section a lot, too.

Oh one more thing. we should be able to close our own sale threads, using "thread tools...mark as sold" or something like that.

i disagree on sections. on any given day, there is maybe one full page of new/bumped threads in the car section...maybe 1 or 2 threads in the non-car section.

smoky

Reaction score
I think all the locked threads should just be deleted

And +1 on us being allowed to close our own FS thread

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
on pentaxforums, they want you to write "sent a PM" or something like that in the thread. i know how pissed i've been when mine was the only post in the thread, and thought i was the first to PM only to find out someone else bought it. being "second in line" and reserving a spot if the seller allows would also be nice just to let everyone else know.

Oh one more thing. we should be able to close our own sale threads, using "thread tools...mark as sold" or something like that.

I see what you're talking about with the PM's, maybe we can restrict members to posting only that they have PM'd the seller, and allow the seller to state that they have replied to pm's. I think that we should still leave it up to the mods to have the power to close the threads, but instead have them sticky a thread that sellers can post in and link to their thread asking for it to be closed.

Back