clutch help

750chop

Reaction score
O.k. my first attempt to pick your brains about this car. When the car is cold first thing or after having sat 3-4 hours it shifts in and out of gear normally, as everything heats up the clutch wont fully disengage it seems and i have to double clutch or rpm match to get the thing into gear. Especially bad down shifting. i bled the clutch and the P.O. says its a fairly new clutch. Wtf is wrong with it? is there a play adjustment somewhere in the pedal assembly i cant see? Thanks in Advance!

Fuzz

Reaction score
The Problem I had on my car was the clutch master cylinder. The seals in it were bad, so when I would use the clutch the seal would wear more and more, so the point where after a couple of miles of driving in city traffic my clutch became un-usable.

What would happen is if I pushed the clutch in, put the car in 1st gear, and then held the pedal doiwn for about 10 seconds, you would feel the pressure come off the pedal and the car would just start rolling forward. After half hour, it wouldn't do anything, I would have maybe half a second to put it into 1st and after that it was all clutchless. (I Did learn to left foot brake though :) )

This souonds more like the problem to me. If you put it in gear, and your car wouldn't go anywhere then its the CLUTCH. This sounds more like the Master Cylinder.

finch13

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a hydraulic issue. I'd bleed the clutch a ton to make sure there is no air. They do make rebuil kits if you don't want to drop cash on a new MC.

Double check for leaks at the slave as well.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Either air in lines, master cylinder, or slave cylinder. I had a very similar issue when I owned my MX-6, and it turned out to be the slave cylinder which is very easy to replace.

750chop

Reaction score
i bled it for about an hour. still no better. I am tempted to believe that its the master or slave. Since they are both pretty easy to get to, ill probably replace both. its got 201k on it, cant hurt! thanks for the help guys

98accordlx

Reaction score
tip if it bleeds for that long and dont get any better its the master cylinder. i just replaced my clutch slave and it wouldnt bleed still after that and i have no leaks in my system. the p.o. never changed the fluid in it and when i popped the cap the fluid was almost as dark as my cars paint. the fluid was so bad it killed both parts

Back