Coiled down the Tein with problems

turboputz

Reaction score
I don't see how one could argue that it's not a product problem. I'm also not sure why you are so eager to defend Tein. You should be able to drop it all the way down and the spring and shock should still function as a unit. If it's separating and clunking that's just poor engineering plain and simple. I hear you talking about the roads, but isn't a suspension supposed to absorb bumps? Unless Tein is going to put a disclaimer that says "do not use the last 1" of lowering unless your roads are like glass" then they have a problem.

I saw some JIC coilovers on ebay a while back for a 6th gen. The guy had ordered them from Japan. He'd put 15k miles on them and still wanted $1,400.

I know this is the land of slam fans, but honestly I think it looked better before anyways, probably just because it was nice and even front to back.

k3nnex

Reaction score
I have Tein SS on my stock height Accord. If you want to slam your car should've bought my Omnis! My friend has Tein Basic for his Civic, it's pretty damn low, you can try it for your Accord.

Low'n Slow

Reaction score
Hey lookin good mikey! aint that big of a problem looks good! In this whole discussion id have to agree with turboputz tho, i dont think it should be doin that, id be choaked cuz thats an expensive setup that should be capable of alowing ur ride to be dumped in the front...........anyhow she still looks good bro!
Thats wack that the streets are that bad there!

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I have Tein SS on my stock height Accord. If you want to slam your car should've bought my Omnis! My friend has Tein Basic for his Civic, it's pretty damn low, you can try it for your Accord.

he cant slam it. he lives in yonkers.

everyone has their own preference when it comes to suspension. you research and you buy for what you want/need/think would work best. the tein suspension is a pretty decent suspension, even tho its pretty much remained unchanged for a while, its still good ****. i remember when i asked about ss-p's a while back when i had my old accord, everyone was like why would you get that and everything. its all personal preference.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm

well then im ****ed here because of the roads :sad: seems like my only solution will be full custom amr's...

cant you reboot the axle?

NASOHC

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my Tein SSP's w/controller and removing my F2's (Function & Form). Personally, I think Tein has a great product and it's true, a lot depends on what your plans are for the car. I'm not slammed and don't plan on being ever. I do want the adjustment capability and comfort that Tein Coilovers provide. They also offer stiffer spring rates if I choose to go that route (for performance/track) for a minimal cost. If you talk to Tein, they'll tell your their stuff is designed more for street use, comfort etc., unless you buy their Track Specific kits which they don't offer for 6th Gens. Is it about the name? Not in my opinion or case, I believe their product will provide me with the ride, performance and adjustability I'm looking for - the name Tein, that's a plus I guess.

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
looks good mike, I know what you mean about the clunking I had that problem as well and ended up raising my car about a 1/2" as a result. probably puts less stress on the boots anyways when its not slammed, but i dunno

i've got tein ss on my ride, had them for 3-4 years now. i checked out other options, but at the time, for the price tein had the best combination of adjustability & yes, reputation for quality. omnis, amr's, etc weren't around then or if they were, they weren't popular enough to register on the radar. i've changed the ride height & dampening on my car probably 10x over the past few years so I've never regretted my purchase, and love how the car rides, but I would agree that the design is outdated now IMO.

truth is though statements about any product or brand being the best are dumb, because its always subjective.

Back