Coilovers

Skyy

Reaction score
Glad it helped out someone :D
Now install and then picss :p :p :p

Oh most definitely :p

also on the camber kit, is this something I need? I asking because I believe I've seen some people do this without using camber...but I could be completely wrong.

Just trying to get everything straight, so I don't get them and have to wait another 2 weeks for something else -.-

001Stunna

Reaction score
Oh most definitely :p

also on the camber kit, is this something I need? I asking because I believe I've seen some people do this without using camber...but I could be completely wrong.

Just trying to get everything straight, so I don't get them and have to wait another 2 weeks for something else -.-

Camber kit is not something you need per se, but it'd be nice to get. Now many are probably gonna say NO YOU DO NOT NEED IT, but if you wanna be nice to your tires get it, if you want to be nice to yourself when driving in rainy days get it. Camber on worn tires on a rainy day might mean more slipping and sliding. Camber on tires will mean the inside of tires will wear out faster, even though camber doesn't eat tires as much as toe would.
What i'd say is get a camber kit for the rears and get it installed when you do your coilovers as you'll be working around there anyways. Get an alignment and get everything set to spec with priority being on toe being set to 0.

Skyy

Reaction score
Camber kit is not something you need per se, but it'd be nice to get. Now many are probably gonna say NO YOU DO NOT NEED IT, but if you wanna be nice to your tires get it, if you want to be nice to yourself when driving in rainy days get it. Camber on worn tires on a rainy day might mean more slipping and sliding. Camber on tires will mean the inside of tires will wear out faster, even though camber doesn't eat tires as much as toe would.
What i'd say is get a camber kit for the rears and get it installed when you do your coilovers as you'll be working around there anyways. Get an alignment and get everything set to spec with priority being on toe being set to 0.

Very well, very well.
And with that being said, can I get a link to a set of them? :eek:

sorry haha

001Stunna

Reaction score
Very well, very well.
And with that being said, can I get a link to a set of them? :eek:

sorry haha

Well for that you'll have to make up your mind on what kind you want first.
Many float around such as wicked tunning, ingalls, spc, megan.
Wicked, spc and megan all replace the top arm and can only change camber.
Ingalls replace the lower arms and (if 2 arms bought per side) can change toe and camber.

Everyone has their own tastes and opinions. When i ended up buying a pair i opted for the wicked tunning and picked them up on ebay. Been since july and i haven't had any issues with them making noise or their bushings breaking apart or anything.

Skyy

Reaction score
Well for that you'll have to make up your mind on what kind you want first.
Many float around such as wicked tunning, ingalls, spc, megan.
Wicked, spc and megan all replace the top arm and can only change camber.
Ingalls replace the lower arms and (if 2 arms bought per side) can change toe and camber.

Everyone has their own tastes and opinions. When i ended up buying a pair i opted for the wicked tunning and picked them up on ebay. Been since july and i haven't had any issues with them making noise or their bushings breaking apart or anything.

awesome man, thanks alot. I realllllly appreciate it.
I went ahead an ebay'd the wicked tuning cambers, and theyre about 90 bucks.

And one last question, and I'll be out of your hair haha :p

IF I decided to wait out on the cambers, and just put on the coilovers. What would be the noticeable effects? I know someone slightly went over this, but I'd like to expand on it before I ultimately make a decision to buy them right now, or wait a month or so.

001Stunna

Reaction score
awesome man, thanks alot. I realllllly appreciate it.
I went ahead an ebay'd the wicked tuning cambers, and theyre about 90 bucks.

And one last question, and I'll be out of your hair haha :p

IF I decided to wait out on the cambers, and just put on the coilovers. What would be the noticeable effects? I know someone slightly went over this, but I'd like to expand on it before I ultimately make a decision to buy them right now, or wait a month or so.

Only reason i said to buy them all together as you'll save on labor if you're getting stuff done at a shop.

In my case i got coilovers done first, drove on them for 3 weeks to let everything settle, adjusted the heights one last time to where i want them and went and got an alignment done. At the alignment shop i realized i didn't like the camber as I had -1.9 and -2.3. Ended up buying the wicked tunning kit and brought camber back to spec.

As for effects you won't notice anything crazy for driving for 2-4 weeks without them. You will be driving 2weeks or so to start with without an alignment after you install the coils anyways to let everything settle.

Main point of them i'd say is long term effects and in my case, well i like to know that all of my tire is making contact with the ground the way its suppose to...as end of the day to me, im happy knowing my whole tire grips then looking cool with slanted in tires :)

Last edited:

Skyy

Reaction score
Only reason i said to buy them all together as you'll save on labor if you're getting stuff done at a shop.

In my case i got coilovers done first, drove on them for 3 weeks to let everything settle, adjusted the heights one last time to where i want them and went and got an alignment done. At the alignment shop i realized i didn't like the camber as I had -1.9 and -2.3. Ended up buying the wicked tunning kit and brought camber back to spec.

As for effects you won't notice anything crazy for driving for 2-4 weeks without them. You will be driving 2weeks or so to start with without an alignment after you install the coils anyways to let everything settle.

Main point of them i'd say is long term effects and in my case, well i like to know that all of my tire is making contact with the ground the way its suppose to...as end of the day to me, im happy knowing my whole tire grips then looking cool with slanted in tires :)

Hahaha, well I work at toyota, so labor is'nt a problem. But, do you think my tires would be slanting after putting on the coils without the camber? o.o

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hahaha, well I work at toyota, so labor is'nt a problem. But, do you think my tires would be slanting after putting on the coils without the camber? o.o

Well if i recall correctly(and confirmed by members on here) FF at their highest point give a drop of ~2" i think so yes you will have some negative camber. Now the lower you go, the more negative camber you'll take on.

Back