cold air intake install

aznrob

Reaction score
hey, guys i'm looking for a cold air intake or short ram intake install guide and also what intakes do you guys recommend? i have a 02 honda accord coupe ex v6. thanks.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Should be able to download a PDF manual from AEM, Fujita, Injen, etc. For the V6 I'd look for a used AEM V2. Otherwise they're basically all the same.

aznrob

Reaction score
Should be able to download a PDF manual from AEM, Fujita, Injen, etc. For the V6 I'd look for a used AEM V2. Otherwise they're basically all the same.

what do you rate the difficulty of installing a cold air intake?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hmm, if you've never done it before maybe a 2/2.5. Its not hard, the only thing you need to watch for really is getting the breather tubes right. But the instructions tell you what to do. Its a good project to get you started with working on your car.

aznrob

Reaction score
Hmm, if you've never done it before maybe a 2/2.5. Its not hard, the only thing you need to watch for really is getting the breather tubes right. But the instructions tell you what to do. Its a good project to get you started with working on your car.

Do you know a good place to buy them from?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
They're everywhere, just look around and see where you can find them cheapest. Check out the intake review thread too.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^The V2 has two different pipe diameters, which is supposed to change the way the air/sound waves travel, giving a bigger gain/louder sound than the standard CAI. I don't know about the gains, for me it’s more about the sound. Even with the J30 you hear such a throaty deep bellow. Here’s a pic of a V2 and standard CAI to show the difference.

V2 - diameter changes at the elbow - 3.5" -> 2.5"
temporary_zpsd7eba0b5.jpg

Standard - same diameter throughout - 3"
2011-12-10_16-30-59_209.jpg

Last edited:

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I've only heard about the "dual pipe" thing on the AEM V2, but never actually bothered to look up a picture of it. Looking at it, I can see why the AEM V2 would perform better than other CAIs. It looks like it scoops up as much air in the 3in portion of the tube and then once it gets to the 2.5in portion of the tube, it seems it "shoves in" :naughty: all the air it got scooped up.

Back