Color modding projectors

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
So im starting my retrofit with a morimoto kit. I was thinking of painting my cutoff shield red to match my cars but i wanted to see what you everyone had. I know knightryder did his black and chris did his blue. but i wanted some clearer pics of them

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its visible...so long as your eyes are about level with the shield :lawl:

i found some thin aluminum flashing at home depot that was silver on one side and gold on the other...the gold looked amazing. that was making a custom shield, though, not just painting the stock one.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
its visible...so long as your eyes are about level with the shield :lawl:

i found some thin aluminum flashing at home depot that was silver on one side and gold on the other...the gold looked amazing. that was making a custom shield, though, not just painting the stock one.
Pictures of this mod?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
o lawd :lawl: somewhere on the external hard disk :lawl:

if you've ever seen the mitsubishi evo 8 projectors at a certain angle, the lens reflects the shield and it looks as if the whole thing is green. just imagine that as gold :lawl:

i still have the shields and few clear lenses...i could always retake the pics if i had enough motivation...

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Pictures of this mod?

It's not on a 6th gen, but the idea is the same:

P1060493.jpg

P1060499.jpg

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
I did mine black...i almost did red but all you do is take apart the morimotos and paint the shield behind the lens..took me 5 mins and they look like a black hole

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
just thought about why the thread title didn't make sense to me..."color modding" is when you add more color to cutoff line by spacing the lens/shield/front section of the projector :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^this is exactly what I was thinking. Especially since I did not paint my cutoff shields blue as OP stated. Lol The lens was color modded so the cutoff itself was blue.

Digging the look though.

redmeansfaster

Reaction score
^this is exactly what I was thinking. Especially since I did not paint my cutoff shields blue as OP stated. Lol The lens was color modded so the cutoff itself was blue.

Digging the look though.

sorry guess i called it the wrong thing...well just painting the cutoff shield...how do you change the color of the lense

Back