Comparing a couple cars, input? *bought - page 2*

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Comparing a couple cars, input?

Bought some winter floormats, and the 2013+ lower grill and trim yesterday. I will do the 2013+ fog surrounds next. I may update the main grill if I find a deal, not paying $200 for a hunk of plastic. I'd love the LED headlights, but they're expensive as hell and not easy to even find.

I personally like the bottom set better but then again I'm partial to the twin 5-spokes. ;)

Maybe I'll throw the A-specs on and see what that looks like. :lawl:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Found an upper grill for cheap last night, so other than headlights front will go from this

2011_Toyota_Venza_4dr_Wagon_AWD_27L_4cyl_6A_3653149.jpg

to this

2014-Toyota-Venza-V6-AWD-front-three-quarters.jpg

I am also considering adding heated seats, trying to decide between swapping to the center console panel that has the holes for the switches or just using the blank switch spots next to the steering wheel on the dash. The thing I don’t like about that is the passenger switch would only be accessible by the driver. But who knows if I’ll even do the passenger side, driver side could be enough of a pain as it is haha.

I found a heated seat kit that uses Toyota switches, the seller sent me install instructions which I’m reading through. Has anyone used something like this? They are saying red wire is power, red/yellow wire is ignition ON, black wire is ground, and yellow wire is “night light”. Not sure what night light means yet. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170710469601?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Grille upgrade will be a nice touch for sure.

Night light may be another term for the ambient lighting that is on to give low level lighting to enable you to see some things when it's dark in the car.

The MDX has two blue lights up in the overhead map light console for this purpose.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
those new grilles look good...those headlights though :drool:

i would assume 'night light' would be illuminating when you turn on your lights :shrug:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I know, the headlights make the front end. Can't find them for less than $800/piece though. :ugh:

Hmm ok, well the seller emailed me again with some supplemental info, I guess a previous buyer found the info confusing so he gave her additional details about wiring to give to future buyers.

Found a video on Toyotanation.com that shows a guy tearing apart a brand new Venza, should show how to remove the leather seat covers so I can put the heating elements in. Working on new/nice cars is scary...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Makes you a better man for taking the risk....and when all goes well, a warmer one!

:lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
lol well it'll make my wife warmer. But maybe get me some points. :naughty:

I just found a ride thread in the Venza section of the above forum, and the guy has done so much cool stuff. I am having a hard time remembering this car isn't my DD and that all little things I would notice everyday, my wife couldn't care less about.

Answer? I need a new car to mod. :lawl:

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I know, the headlights make the front end. Can't find them for less than $800/piece though. :ugh:

it's about the same price for the jdm headlights from the gt86 if i wanted to get them for my car. then a very nice shipping price to add to that :ugh: that's why i'm sticking with the frs lights, they're cheaper and easier to get...which will come in handy when i replace them due to them already starting to fog up :sad: i also don't really care for drl's of any kind, even if they are cool looking led's :lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Dang. There's "you gotta pay to play", and then there's just "wtf I'm not paying that". :lawl: Anyway maybe you could first try resealing your current headlights instead of having to replace them.

I've always hated the concept of DRL's, they were supposed to be "safer" but I cannot tell you how many people I've seen driving around at night with no lights on because they think their DRL's are their headlights.

I admit I am tired of seeing LED's slapped on every car out there. But I still want these headlights haha.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
by fogging i meant the lens is oxidizing...i should've been clearer on that haha. i noticed it last year, roughly 3 years after the car was bought new :( they haven't had any condensation issues...that's what the tail lights are for! :lawl: i did fix the tail light issue though, the oem gaskets aren't thick enough and don't seal well enough either. got thicker, firmer gaskets and weather sealant or whatever it is and haven't had a problem since.

i turn my drl's on and off when i feel like it, people don't notice shit either way :lawl:

Back