Comtech SC on a stock j30a1 safe??

CaliCG6

Reaction score
Not really looking to go all out.. Just a little xtra power when needed here n their. My question is.. Is it safe to run it on a 01 accord sedan v6 bone stock?
Thanks for the info in advance guys!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
t.blackaccord did it without issue.

It's been done by other's, again, without issue, but it's not really recommended on the stock tranny.

You are better off getting a CL-S 6spd tranny and then upgrade with the S/C.

CaliCG6

Reaction score
Yeah ive done some search and it seems like r tranny is notoriously weak.. I have about 90k original miles on my sedan, u guys know when usually inshuld start worryin about tranny going out?? I dnt race or anythin if that might helps n e thing...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It’s a crapshoot, you never know when it will die. Could be any mileage, or it might last the entire time you own the car. There’s just no way of knowing other than starting to feel it shift roughly and seeing a blinking D4 light on your dash. Some people have lasted 50k miles, others into the hundreds and two hundreds. Doing any serious performance mods to an auto V6 is just a chance you take, or don’t take.

There are ways to take care of the trans to make it last as long as possible, search on that if you want info.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You are probably beyond any recall coverage on it, but you should contact your Honda dealership to find out for sure.

Definately won't help your cause if they pop the hood and find a S/C under there, though.

CaliCG6

Reaction score
Aww dude really? =[
I didnt think they were bad like that...
I really tempted to SC it at low boost but since u guys shined some light on the tranny going like that is kinda scary...how much will i b looking got another tranny and a used SC?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Prices vary on both.

V6P and Acurazine has the S/C's up every so often.

You can check with MikeyMike on here about how much he is willing to sell his for.

Tranny, check car-part.com, you might be able to find a good deal on one.

CaliCG6

Reaction score
Oh ok!
Hey thanks alot guys for ur help and advice.. I probably would have gone n hot a sc nd not evn thot of the tranny going =\
I havnt properly introduced myself on here as i find it dofficult to resize the images on my iphone..

Back