Comtech SC on a stock j30a1 safe??

CaliCG6

Reaction score
I really appreciate all the light u guys are shining on this info.. I juss have one problem.. WIFE!!!! =|
She cant drive manual, i juss thot of that .. Nd we only have 2 cars but u never know she mite need my car.. So i guess theirs no safe way of boosting mine =' (

CaliCG6

Reaction score
I appreciate all the ligh u guys r shining on this topic for me..but i just realized i have one problem.. WIFE!! =| she cant drive manual soo that suxxs.. I mean we have 2 cars but we never know incase she needs my car to pick up r kid or something... Sigh* guess it safe to say that their is no safe way of boosting unless i do the swap =' (.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Eh, teach her. A problem would be if she wasn't okay with you spending the couple grand, lol.

CaliCG6

Reaction score
Pfff... Yah she drove my integra when inhad it but shes too afraid to get on the road.. Her friend is an empty parking lot at 12 midnight lol.
Plus she alrdy complains that my car is low but wgaf.:squintfinger:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I said the same thing about this swap.

Once I get a second car, that goes out the window, 6spd swap definitely is the way to go.

If she is good with you getting a S/C, then you already got past the hard part!

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
the comptech supercharger is not worth it at all. its a m62 which isn't even recommended to be used for a v6 of our displacement, i believe its the same one that people use on s2000s. they get super hot and make 0 power. i know if it was me, and i may know what I'm talking about, i would just run a 75 wet shot of nitrous. you'll make more power then the sc with just a 75 shot and it will be safer since it won't be constant extra power on the transmission, less stress on the motor, and its $1000s cheaper. i personally would never buy a comptech supercharger. If you had a 6 speed and a j32/j35 i would recommend a 175-250 direct port shot of nitrous (yes the j series loves nitrous as much as the LSx motors)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^The other option instead of the Comptech S/C is to use the M90 S/C from the Ford Thunderbird. You would need to make a custom arm for it though, and unless you have your own/connections to a machine shop, you would need to contact the guy who does make the package in VA, NVA-AV6(Paul).

CaliCG6

Reaction score
Ahh nitrous sounds yummmy!! But id just want to keep my car simple u know? Nothing out of the ordinary..
So this thunderbird s/c u speak of.. Is it pretty much gonna have the same risk factor as the comptec im assuming..how much u think it wuld cost to hae a custom arm made?? :skurred:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ahh nitrous sounds yummmy!! But id just want to keep my car simple u know? Nothing out of the ordinary..
So this thunderbird s/c u speak of.. Is it pretty much gonna have the same risk factor as the comptec im assuming..how much u think it wuld cost to hae a custom arm made?? :skurred:

No, the M90 is a much more durable option for the J-series.

Paul makes the package for about $2800, last I checked.

Back