Coupe cluster in a sedan

Bax

Reaction score
Since this forum is being a ***** every time I try to search, and I can't find **** anymore, and no one wants to do anything about it... I'll just post little threads like this when I want to know something that I can't remember and I would otherwise search for if I were able.

Can I put a manual transmission coupe gauge cluster into my manual transmission sedan?

thank you so much.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yup. You just will have a different "door ajar" diagram.

But if you have a 98-00 model and put in a 01-02 cluster, your temp gauge will not work correctly.

Bax

Reaction score
No Chris, it's for a 98-00 ex mt coupe. I knew the 6 and 6.5 gens were different, but I just didn't know about whether it was different with coupes and sedans except for the door indicators. I tried searching for it a few minutes ago but I get errors every time.

Okay thank you! I received that cluster I ordered today, and of course the temp needle is messed up on it. It doesn't move at all on the 2nd key click, and when I start the engine it just shoots straight up to the H. I don't think they tested it before selling it because they didn't have the miles listed. They have a return policy so hopefully I can return it and buy the coupe one.

i told you this -____-:furious:

In one ear out the other. :jae:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
No Chris, it's for a 98-00 ex mt coupe. I knew the 6 and 6.5 gens were different, but I just didn't know about whether it was different with coupes and sedans except for the door indicators. I tried searching for it a few minutes ago but I get errors every time.

Okay thank you! I received that cluster I ordered today, and of course the temp needle is messed up on it. It doesn't move at all on the 2nd key click, and when I start the engine it just shoots straight up to the H. I don't think they tested it before selling it because they didn't have the miles listed. They have a return policy so hopefully I can return it and buy the coupe one.

In one ear out the other. :jae:

:squintfinger:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
icon_banned.gif

Bax

Reaction score
If I buy a new cluster, can it be ordered with the correct mileage? :thinking:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Indeed. That could be a sticky situation. They'd probably make you bring your car into the dealer to verify and check mileage. I doubt they'd sell a new one without doing something to make sure the person isn't doing something shady.

New cluster is probably expensive as **** though.

Back