Crappy week... (Update)

kn0x47

Reaction score
Re: Crappy week...

Thanks guys. It aggravates me every time I look at my lipless bumper and see the cracked lip in my garage.

My BaysonR lip is arriving tomorrow morning and I'll take the dremel to it and send it off for paint in the afternoon.

Apparently, my dad brought the lip back to the guy this morning and he agreed to "fix" it and paint it, at no charge of course.

Do you guys think with OEM ABS plastic, it would ever be back at original strength? I mean it could take quite a beating unlike cheap eBay ABS but I guess he rammed into the parking cinder block quite hard to crack it like that. Does it look beyond repairable?

The OEM lip is not abs I think its either pp or ppe. Bumper repair epoxy is actual stronger than plastics used to make bumpers. As long as he uses that and not just bondo then yeah it'll be strong

Sorry about your luck. My dad knocked over a sink onto my rear quarter panel a couple of years ago. Cost him 800 to fix it and I'm still not completely happy with the work they did. I almost sold my car

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You need to start safeguarding that thing, don't park near ANYONE. lol

Sorry man, just a random continuation of bad luck for you. At least it wasn't your fault.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Fun times.

Came back from a very reputable, professional body shop (they have 7 shops spread across the county) and the advisor gave me an estimate of about $1000 and about a week of work.

flowhard

Reaction score
Fun times.

Came back from a very reputable, professional body shop (they have 7 shops spread across the county) and the advisor gave me an estimate of about $1000 and about a week of work.

Haha be careful with some "reputable" body shops as i just learned... My $1300 repair and a week of work turned into $1650 and 3 weeks of work and other bs... Not to mention, they have 34 locations just on Florida. I hope you don't have my string of luck and your stuff works out well for you.

Back