cruise control won't engage!

Jrock1442

Reaction score
Checked everything before posting but please help me if anyone had this issue. I push the cruise control button it turns on but when I click "set" on the steering wheel it doesn't engage and the speed just drops as if I took my foot off the gas. I checked fuses and did a visual inspection of the throttle to see if anything was broken. Really lost and in need of help! Thanks 6th gen members!

Jrock1442

Reaction score
Never changed it completely stock. Only thing I have done with wires was run a power wire for my amp but it isn't connected now.

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
I have a similar situation, except for me it takes me a good amount of pushing the cruise control button for the green light to finally turn on. Then I hit "set" and nothing. :thinking:

CG6>YourCar

Reaction score
Mine just started doing the same thing.

I did mess with the pedals when I installed a new stop lamp switch. :\ could that
Be the culprit?

I miss My cruise control.

I think I remembered reading something about having to add some sort of washer between the switch and the pedal.. I know for a fact in my car there's a bunch of tape around the pedal and switch for some odd reason.

I actually took off the tape one day and my brake lights were staying on..? Said tape was then put back on. Lol

Jrock1442

Reaction score
Lol I will check for some tape. Kinda crazy everyone is having the same issue. Really don't want to take it to a mechanic and get raped lol but I'm running out of options and if it wasn't for cruise I would have had more tickets lol. If any of you find a solution let me know!

joeygkb

Reaction score
Check the cable that runs to the trottlebody from the control unit. Mine wasn't connected to the grommet on the fan housing for the radiator and it would make the cruise control turn off everytime I would hit a bump. Connected it back to the grommet and it worked. The cable kept bouncing around the tension changed on the cable so it would shut off.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
crazy how everyone is having this problem

i have a cruise control unit if anyone needs it to see if thats the problem. pulled it outta my 4 cylinder in working order. PM me

Back