Custom Short Ram Bracket for the AV6!

riCewu

Reaction score
My short ram never came with any bracket to hold it in place. So it rattles all over and to the point it annoyed the hell out of me.. I taped it down and all that so it won't rattle.

Now I am in need of a solution on how to build a custom bracket so my engine bay don't look cheap. rofl!

inv4zn hooked up a pretty nice idea, ring clamp and metal bracket. I took those two ideas and implemented a design. I will use the ring clamp put it around my 3" pipe then have one end of the L bracket bolted down to the strut housing thing and the other end will be pointed towards the ground .. where somehow I'll be able to zap strap, bolt down, tie down the clamp/short ram to the bracket.

Got any ideas? Let me know, I'm going for a clean look.

J30Accord104

Reaction score
my opinion. short rams are useless. they suck in hot air and make your engine bay dirty. (beside the super dope sound you get from a v6) rocking a stock airbox is better.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
get some heat wrap for it ... it will help keep the pipe cool and it will get of of that rattling too

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
OP isn't looking for alternatives. He wants a solution for his lack of bracket!!

riCewu, just use your idea with L-bracket and clamp, but try to find a T-bolt clamp - that will look very clean.

Fabricate or use the existing hole on the L-bracket to thread the T-bolt from the clamp through it .

Tighten the clamp around a rubber seal around the intake, so you don't have metal on metal scratching.

Figure out a place where to mount the L-bracket. This doesn't mean the bracket needs to stay in L shape - be creative and make this happen for yourself.

Good luck :haysm9:

Raymond

Reaction score
Mine has no bracket, and it doesn't rattle at all. Not sure what you're complaining about, haha.

slowrider87

Reaction score
Mine has no bracket, and it doesn't rattle at all. Not sure what you're complaining about, haha.

well good for you.... rubbing it in his face isn't helping him out any.

i like russianreds idea. sounds very clean.. however.. if you can't find an already existing nut/bolt/hole to mount the other end of the bracket too that you think would keep it clean looking you can always use a longer L bracket and mount it by drilling your own hole in the bay or frame work of you want... then you have your own option of where to mount it making it less visible and there for more clean.

Back