Cutting strut tower

chino581991

Reaction score
I've been trying to search for a DIY on how and where to cut on the strut tower so the UCA doesn't smack it. Ill be lowering my car some more soon and I don't want to mess up my UCA.

I've seen a lot of post about cutting the strut tower, but no step by step DIY. Anyone know of one? And how do you know where to start cutting, or do you just start off small and go from there?

Ill eventually get a box welded over the hole later on, just wanna do something small now so that the smacking in minimal

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Measure out a hole big enough, cut |_| then pry it up. Makes it easier to weld sides to it. I wish i would have done it

chino581991

Reaction score
Measure out a hole big enough, cut |_| then pry it up. Makes it easier to weld sides to it. I wish i would have done it

does it matter the direction i cut the flap? and how big of a measurement am i looking for, not exactly sure where the UCA hits and how big the hole should be

proscratch

Reaction score
It's going to be a lot closer to the edge of the body than you think, as in like 1/2 inch from side and 1 inch from rear of tower. I had to re-do it and make it bigger since I eyed it. I did this yesterday and it made a World of difference. I took the wheel off first and looked up in there with a flash light to see where it was hitting. Also, safty glasses and a small wet rag for the sparks my friend.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
Read through this thread & get some ideas on how/what you wanna do. **here**

It goes over a lot of stuff & has pics of he process.

chino581991

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys!! Much appreciated and lots of help. Will be test fitting my wheels and doing some mods to get em to fit this weekend

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Yes it does. If you make a flap dont cut near the struts. Bend it up and you can weld sides

White6GAV6

Reaction score
I believe he means to cut them like this
67qfzm.jpg

(not my engine pay or picture)

Picture is just to give you and idea on how to cut, not the exact way and dimension. I need to do this soon.

nine23

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering doing this I just don't wanna mess anything up... Plus if you don't replace it with a cover of some kind won't there be a bunch of crap getting in there

Back