CV axle boot broken!! Grease everywhere!! :0

honda_dude

Reaction score
How long/far can i drive with a broken cv axle boot and grease everywhere? I been drving at least 700 miles with it already with it. :x!!!!

Hondastylez

Reaction score
Not too long. When My boot broke I replaced it within a couple of days of me finding out. Don't let that grease in there dry out. You'll end up with one wheel looking left and the other one looking the opposite direction!

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
yeah the ones on my dads civic were both ripped for like 4 or 5 months. I'd replace it as soon as you can but if you can't afford to yet it won't kill you to drive it a little longer.

Not too long. When My boot broke I replaced it within a couple of days of me finding out. Don't let that grease in there dry out. You'll end up with one wheel looking left and the other one looking the opposite direction!

this is definitely wrong. Your cv axles have nothing to do with any of your steering. worse thing that happens is it finally breaks **** flies everywhere and maybe the remaining part of the axle does some damage if its flailing around hitting **** at a high speed. You'll have to call a tow truck though cause your car won't move if you break an axle.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I replaced my torn boots with split boots on my wifes toyota. I cleaned out all the old grease, repAcked it with fresh stuff. So far so good, i did that about 34k miles ago. I thought for sure i would have to replace them by now. Just make sure ur bearing dont have any grit and grime that got to them. If that happens, u need to replace the shaft

Back