Dashkit?

joshism

Reaction score
CG3[toed]SLOTH;470652 said:
preparing to install a new headunit. any suggestions on what dashkit i should get? looking for most quality, durability and looks
any suggestions with pics would be great.

Get a double din system with navigation/DVD/bluetooth etc:poke:.

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
I have found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Can anyone tell me 1) if this is the right piece I'd need to install a single DIN aftermarket deck where my factory double DIN is? and 2) how would I go about installing the aftermarket deck? I don't really understand how the DIN sleeve would fit/lock in.

thats the right one. basically the cubby you see in the picture is suppose to be on the bottom and your headunit is mounted on top of that. then that goes into your car. you'll see what i mean when you remove your stock radio

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
you dont need the sleeve with the OEM mounts. actually, you should leave it off since its pretty easy to pop headunits out of the sleeve if someone is stealing it :lawl:

just get some short, small screws. the headunit should have a bunch of screws with it, or itll say what size you need in the manual...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
actually, just looked...my headunit says max 8mm long bolts on the side of the chassis.

if attaching a headunit to 2 metal brackets is an "adventure" you might want to have someone else do it :lawl:

Back