Dashkit?

WilliamW

Reaction score
Hey guys. Glad I found the thread, any way. I was planning on doing an install on my car last night and I would agree that the scosche dash kit is absolute junk.

Looking at the installation pictures with the cubby cover and all, it looks like that ones similar in the issues that I saw in the scosche kit. With the kit it involved removing the stock radio, taking out the 2 metal mounting plates on each side (1 per side), and attaching that plate directly to the head unit being installed. Then underneath the head unit there is a cubby space that is attached to a "faceplate" type of trim piece, and then that is attached to the metal mounts under the head unit.

Is there any installation kit out there that does not separate the top head unit from the cubby space? That gap is totally killing the aesthetics. Minus the fact that my 600 dollar (2004) head unit turned out to be broken so the old stuff went right back in.

In the pictures above, there is still a visible gap between the cubby and the unit. This would drive me crazy.

Snoobly

Reaction score
nevermind! didn't even realize there were previous pages!

one

Reaction score
im looking for a good kit too, just picked up an alpine 9887. the oem ones are too expensive and dont look that much better. why is everyone trashing the scosche kit?

Boilerup15

Reaction score
I got a "free kit" with the purchase of my headunit from crutchfield. Seems like a good kit to me, I don't know what brand it is.

one

Reaction score
okay most likely will pick up a scosche kit, found it for 10$ shipped.

einworb35

Reaction score
Just curious but is there a way to mount the single din radios on the bottom and have the pocket on top? If so anyone have pics and how they did that?:D

metrick1235

Reaction score
Just curious but is there a way to mount the single din radios on the bottom and have the pocket on top? If so anyone have pics and how they did that?:D

I did it once when i had my 91 Toyota pickup but i didnt like the way it looked. as far as our cars im not sure My Toyota didn't have the front plastic shroud, that big plastic piece our car has, and the plastic piece "Clips" into the radio kit.

Back