DBW(drive by wire) throttle body

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why? Is it that bad?

There's a bit of a "lag" to it. When I would autocross and floor it, it wouldn't do it right away, then a turn or slalom would come up and I'd have to let off or brake. I guess it's not horrible but its the only car I've ever owned with DBW and I don't like it. So, I had to flashed to make it a little more sensitive like a real throttle cable.

It'll be swapped soon so I won't have to worry about it anymore

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Unless you are willing to do a build on the motor, or even swap to a manual maybe, you won't be getting the throttle response you are looking for.

Pat

Reaction score
:eh:

you won't get anything rumbling or deep from a 4 cylinder.

I left my res on, and just swapped the muffler to a high flow. It sure doesn't rumble but it is surprisingly deeper than I had thought, and not as loud as I thought. I was used to having civics with no res and a straight through. They were 1.5 - 1.7L's, this is a 2.3 and seems to be much deeper imo. Not as raspy / tinny.

Shadow1

Reaction score
:eh:

you won't get anything rumbling or deep from a 4 cylinder.

my 93 Accord had a nice deep tone to it. im not saying deep like V8 deep. but it did have a deep tone.

I left my res on, and just swapped the muffler to a high flow. It sure doesn't rumble but it is surprisingly deeper than I had thought, and not as loud as I thought. I was used to having civics with no res and a straight through. They were 1.5 - 1.7L's, this is a 2.3 and seems to be much deeper imo. Not as raspy / tinny.

exactly.

Back