Defouler question

waccord99

Reaction score
Exhaust Defouler / Spark Plug Defouler

Basically i want to know where u guys picked up your defoulers from when you put a resonator or test pipe in place of ya cat......

also how did you put the first o2 sensor that stuck into the stock exhaust manifold...i just installed headers today and i get a cel light since the headers o2 sensor bung was on the downpipe and the sensor wouldnt reach....btw i have obx headers that i been reading on here were pretty good.....

angelusnhc

Reaction score
Re: Exhaust Defouler / Spark Plug Defouler

i would like to know as well where everyone gets there defoulers

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score

pepboys, but i bet you can get them from autozone, or advance auto, or something of that sort.

pyaarawala

Reaction score

You'll find it everywhere. Lucky for me I got mine from blackknight all ready made to put on the O2 sensor a long time ago.

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score

autozone carrys them, but my car threw a cel with it in, i took it out and ran just O2 and it passed so try your luck...

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score

yeah i got mine at advanced auto parts
no codes afterwards

sneak

Reaction score
consequences of no secondary o2??

hey guys,

i recently installed (and later uninstalled) a megan test pipe on my accord i4 sedan. once i got the
test pipe on there were two problems:

-the o2 bung points straight down causing it to be too low to the ground
-the check engine light came on

i didn't know what to do at this point but had two plans

a) put the stock cat back on and get a side hole drilled for the o2 on the new test pipe
b) leave the test pipe on and adopt a "f*ck it and tuck it" attitude for the o2, essentially
tucking the wires away and closing up the hole in the test pipe with the plug it came with and ignoring the cel.

i went with option 'a' for now just because i want to be completely safe and make sure
that ignoring the secondary o2 won't harm my engine.

i've already read about the elbow for the test pipe instead of redrilling a hole on the side, but
apparently that still doesn't solve the cel.

what are the consequences of riding long term with no secondary o2 and a test pipe?

emissions laws aren't even a factor in this case because of the state i live in.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
Re: consequences of no secondary o2??

what most people do is the spark plug non fouler trick it gets the o2 sensor out of direct exhaust flow tricking the computer into thinking the cat is still intact

I am not shure whare the DIY is but I am shure someone knows how exactly to do it (there is some modifacation needed on the non fouler)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

primary o2 sensor is the important one... secondary one is just to register post-cat numbers and comparing them to the nmbers read by the primary sensor.. other than tht, i dun see anything else it does

pyaarawala

Reaction score

Honestly if I would do it over again I'd just keep the stock cat. My magnaflow cat just ruins gas mileage.

Back