Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

Discussion in 'Members Rides' started by phi1542, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Sil2DrV6

Sil2DrV6 Well-Known Member

Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe EX

Yeah, safety first then cosmetics next. I want some repainting jobs done, too, but all these parts replacements makes me so behind on cosmetics here haha. Keep up the good work, man. Let's rock the 6.5gen SSM Coupe Club!

2. phi1542

phi1542 Well-Known Member

Yeah I feel you man. Still lots more to be done before I even think about paint... :(

Let's rock it bro! My car isn't that clean yet but just wait... haha

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

3. 604ACCORD

604ACCORD Well-Known Member

That's a sick garage!! Cars looking good

4. phi1542

Thanks! That's my friends shop haha

So today I started doing my retros. Didn't get very far. Anyone know how to trim and mount the E46 shrouds on h1 mini? I'd like to know how before I screw up haha so far the car has been cool. Still getting used to manual. At the moment I have the 5 Lug swap, coilovers, leather interior, s2k ap1 steering wheel, full audio system, led interior/exterior/dash, etc. Updated with mod list. I also have not gotten the RL BBK in yet. This BBK has been a total pain in the *** for me and it's just a nightmare. Current having an issue with one piston. I already bought a new one for $60 and I guess the guy who rebuilt my calipers had to push in the piston and it didn't go in all the way. Assuming there is resistance something is wrong with the cylinder since the piston should slide in easily. I have to get it taken apart and machine the cylinder so the piston will slide in and probably another piston if it got damaged forcing it in. Which is gonna cost some money for machine work and what not. If it can't be machined to fit because it may have gotten warped when heated for the powder coat I'm screwed so hard..... so yeah that's how life has been lol

5. 604ACCORD

That sux dude hopefully it's ok it don't sound good though

6. phi1542

Thanks. I like the car and all but it's been a nightmare. Problem after problem. I couldn't even take off the spacer without something going wrong! Ended up having to hack off and destroy a spacer in the front. So the pair is now useless. Just tossed 135 in the trash lmao

Here's my progress on the retros with the help of my dad and his power tools. At least it's going smoothly with this so far haha

[​IMG]

Also here's what my calipers look like :) I really hope these can still be repaired because it cost a pretty penny for that project....

[​IMG]

7. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

Retrofit looks good so far. Too bad you couldn't cut the nut off the spacer.

8. 604ACCORD

Retro looks awesome!! I've been eyeing up that brake mod where did you get the brackets to mount the caliper?

9. phi1542

Thanks! Yeah we tried that but there was no room without damaging the spacer. It also ruined the stud so I need to replace that too. Sigh it is what it is...

And thanks haha here's where I got the bracket

http://fatfourcustoms.com/shop/brake-caliper-bracket-v1/

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

10. 604ACCORD

Thanks for the link.. For some reason it doesn't list for 2nd gen TL but all the CL's are there I think they are the same though.