DH`s 2000 coupe

UTIaccord

Reaction score
This..... is sex in 6ga form....

never even thought bout this swap, insanely excited to see the progress and outcome man, i really hope u see this all the way through

:gride:

DH48

Reaction score
Work?---yes
Fit without big modification ?--- dont think so

Im at the stage were there is now turning back. Have spent about 2350 euro on the engine + 400 euro on the transport to my location, 840 euro on new internal parts, transmission was 1200eur + transport from the US, ecu was near 90 euro , other parts about 300-500 euro. Almost a total of 4500 euro - 6000USD. The K20 civic swap was a total of about 3500 eur. So 1000+ euro more for a C30A3 swap is not that bad + the engine will have new internals and the K20 was swaped as it was.

Missing just one thing at the moment. The drivers side inner CV joint. Accords axle will not work as it is 29 spline and NSX is 31 spline. Crapy news is it the only 31 spline honda/acura there is ....is the NSX. New inner CV joint from honda will set me back 380-420 euro (that is just the CV joint and the tripod with bearings and the spring) Will look for a used full axle in the UK as the NSX is more common there) I only need the CV joint.

I got the passange side halfshaft with the inner CV or what ever you call it from the other half. Soo can mix and match that with the accords axle.

After the transmission gets here i can start to get an idea on how much modification is need. One thin that i spoted was that accord has the transmission mount under the transmission and the NSX as like most other hondas has it on the transmissions.

And not to make this swap seeme to easy. I yet have to solve the powersteering problem. I might not have room for a stock beltdriven PS pump. A option is a MR2 Electric PS pump (might have talked about it in the first post). With that i will not even have to change the steering rack.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/1469354-electric-power-steering-conversion-w-pics.html

It also has been done on civics with J32 engines and integras.

Also am still optimistic about the hood and fan clearance from the heads. Just will have to wait untill it get warmer and i can get the car in the garage again :)

Last edited:

DH48

Reaction score
Sadly, no :(

The tranmsission is in the container on the US side. I think they are still filling it up. Was told that maybe at the end of the week (two weeks ago) and now the same on monday so maybe they will have it ready and then will send me the bill for the shipping. The cost of shipping depends on how much they can fill the container up. Soo yet a nother delay.

Winter is back again too with temps going down to -20°C at night, turing the day it is not that bad but still a lot of snow and more coming down. Hope it starts getting warmer soon so i can get working on the car. Usualy at this time of the year temps start going to the + side turing daytime but so far no go.

Only productiv thing i have done on the car is rebuilt the rear calipers with the front soon to follow. Also started swaping the dash (A/C , clock and switches) bulbs for SMD LED-s.

The C30a3 has the bearings now but will not but the pistons in and heads on until I get the transmission and can testfit it with the block.

As soon as i have news ill let you know.

hondatech03

Reaction score
will the c30 motor fit? they have a wider valley degree.

j motors = \/ 60°

c motors = \_/ 90°

DH48

Reaction score
will the c30 motor fit? they have a wider valley degree.

j motors = \/ 60°

c motors = \_/ 90°

Yes i am aware of that

With stock radiator fans, No. I will need a silm fan and might have to but it on the front of the radiator. Did measure it and the block head will be about 2cm into the fan. The firewall side has no problem with space. I will get a better idea when i am able to fit the block with the transmission. If the driveshaft is aligned as with the J30 then i will just need 1 slimmer fan.

Height is a different thing. Might have to lower it but dont know yet how much i can as the NSX engine has 3 side mounts as any other honda engine but the transmission on the J30 has a mount under the transmission. NSX has a top mount so I can not lower it to much if i want to keep the subframe as is.

@Brad2274 At the moment will keep the stock brakes. If they are not that good Ill upgrade to the 300mm or bigger caliper and disks.

hondatech03

Reaction score
Yes i am aware of that

With stock radiator fans, No. I will need a silm fan and might have to but it on the front of the radiator. Did measure it and the block head will be about 2cm into the fan. The firewall side has no problem with space. I will get a better idea when i am able to fit the block with the transmission. If the driveshaft is aligned as with the J30 then i will just need 1 slimmer fan.

Height is a different thing. Might have to lower it but dont know yet how much i can as the NSX engine has 3 side mounts as any other honda engine but the transmission on the J30 has a mount under the transmission. NSX has a top mount so I can not lower it to much if i want to keep the subframe as is.

cool i no idea. sounds like a fun project

Back