difficulty installing coilovers

proom

Reaction score
i got one front coilover installed right now and im trying to work on the second one. i removed the screws on the pinching part and the bottom of the damper fork but now i cant take out the shock because its pushing the damper fork against the axle thing part of the car. sooo how do i fix this? the other side had no problem there was enough room for me to just remove the shock from the damper fork.

Drift

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to, but you could disconnect the front sway bar end link and that should allow the knuckle to fall enough for you to get the strut out. Did you completely remove the fork? With that removed you should be able to get the strut out without and y difficulties.

proom

Reaction score
the fork is like pushed down by the strut/shock thing against the bar behind the break disk

finch13

Reaction score
You should be able to (while the 3 top nuts are still on) pull the fork completely off the shock, rotate it around the axle and pull it completely out of the car. Then, turn the steering wheel all the way to one side and pull the shock/spring combo out.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
turning steering wheels? disconnecting endlinks? SHENANIGANS! haha.

i cant remember if i ever had a problem with the fronts. i mightve had trouble getting the shock out of the fork once, and i think all i did was left the fork attached to the lower control arm, took out the pinch bolt, and kicked the down on the rotor haha. pretty caveman, but **** works.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i think you have to nearly if not totally remove the "pinch" bolt to get the fork to come off the shock...

juicebox00

Reaction score
have a friend stand on the rotor. makes life a whole lot easier getting stuff in/out

proom

Reaction score
haha totally did that i had to mess with all the sway bars and stuff after 10 hours of tedious work i am a little above a credit card above the ground ^_^

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
haha totally did that i had to mess with all the sway bars and stuff after 10 hours of tedious work i am a little above a credit card above the ground ^_^

10HRS!!! holy crap. Why did it take you so long? I remember it was hard to get the springs through all that suspension, but I found a way to do it by using a jack to move the wheel hub up or down.

proom

Reaction score
im lazy and i took eating breaks and i had difficulty at one part so i had to like dissasemble a lotta stuff. im a noobie =( this was my first time doing much with my car

Back