Dinzdale40 Official Car Buildup Thread

talontsiawd

Reaction score
What about Jade Green of the RSX's. I really want to see an accord in that color. It's not flashy, not totally subtle, and a bit different from what most people do with a full repaint.

I don't know if it will go with your interior plans but i would personally plan everything else around the exterior color. I think red seats go best with white and black personally.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea i think i know what your talking about...like that one late model rsx with the regas on it...i would love to have that color

maybe if i did that
jade green outside/inside/enginebay
polished maybe chrome rollbar
redseats/takata harness
chrome subframe/silver painted engine with bits of chrome

found one pic...is this the color you mean?
1180071994_7b0ecf0447.jpg

Last edited:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea im thinking im gonna go around to diff car lots and see some of these colors myself...cause i know photographers play with contrast and colors and can mislead meh ya know...

keychain

Reaction score
i like the look...but not a fan of blue...

the final color of the car is gonna be based on what goes with
red seats
takata harnesses
rollcage(painted diff color....maybe green like the harnesses)
also im thinking of painting the engine bay/front wheel wells a diff color than the outside...

i dunno im just brain storming

any gay people care to take a stab(not literally with your penis :hide:) at this? i need a decorator....

......sidenote i just wanted to let you guys know i updated the first post to link to all the updates so far making it easier to find stuff...also i backed up all the pics on my server so if anything happens all won't be lost....

I can't wait to see the finished product of this project :thumbup:.

As for the idea on the role cage I know someone that tried to get their cusco roll bar powdercoated takata green, but when it was all done the color was way off, I'm guessing it's a hard color to copy, so be careful with that one.

As for the 2 tone color scheme pertaining to the engine bay, I'm all for it :thumbup:

Example:

13zzl9y.jpg

^ that sh*t is so dope :thumbup:

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
I dont think the color is that hard to match....Tom (comptechv6) has his matched to Takata green.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
not to mention the photographer that takes the picture....

mainly because...if they are even trulythe same color...if i take a picture...the paint on the cage would come across different than the color from the harness...just because of the way the light hits 2 different surfaces/materials...

so im kinda against matching it now.....i wish i could have it chromed or at least polished...but we will see

Back