Disadvantages of using lowering springs with stock shocks

honda_dude

Reaction score
I have had mine on for around 6 years and no truble out of my stock shocks at all, rides great better than factory. It lowered with Neuspeed Sport springs, they have about a 1.8 in the front and a 1.7 in the back. I hear if you don't go much below 2 inches you should be fine. If you go lower than 2 inches than that is where you will run into your shocks going bad quick.

what about the camber??? will it go bad??

what kind of shocks are you guys using??

Last edited:

Accord2Show

Reaction score
what about the camber??? will it go bad??

what kind of shocks are you guys using??

I am runing the stock shocks.

As far as the camber the rear end is the only camber isssues I have. I can't get that just purfect but it is about 1 or 2 derges from factory camber not much at all. But as long as you rotate your tyers often you should have no problems. The front I have no problems at all with it is perfict. Just like factory.

honda_dude

Reaction score
I am runing the stock shocks.

As far as the camber the rear end is the only camber isssues I have. I can't get that just purfect but it is about 1 or 2 derges from factory camber not much at all. But as long as you rotate your tyers often you should have no problems. The front I have no problems at all with it is perfict. Just like factory.

how can u tell??

Sinful

Reaction score
ive had my stock shocks with a pro kit and its still doing great.. BUT i havent been rotating my tires... front tire tread FTL

oodie

Reaction score
I've had stock shocks with Eibach Sportlines and after a year and a half when i took them off stock shocks where still good. I always had camber wear with that combo

accordfiber

Reaction score
I have Eibach sportline with stock shocks for 2 years with no problem. The alignment is not 100% perfect but within specifications they told me.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
From my experience, the consensus sounds about right. I rode around with a 1.8 drop on stock shocks for a couple of years with no problem; got an alignment after lowering and there wasn't an issue with camber.
I do have to say this: The difference between stock shocks and upgraded shocks (Koni Yellows in my case) is a WORLD of difference! Once you upgrade, you'll think you were on a pogo stick before. But everything is relative, so like was said earlier, don't go past 2" and you'll be fine!

bndit004

Reaction score
I have had mine on for around 6 years and no truble out of my stock shocks at all, rides great better than factory. It lowered with Neuspeed Sport springs, they have about a 1.8 in the front and a 1.7 in the back. I hear if you don't go much below 2 inches you should be fine. If you go lower than 2 inches than that is where you will run into your shocks going bad quick.

I also did this king of setup, Eibach pro kit with fact struts. I think it was 1.5 drop, the ride was a little for firm than fact but not bad. But if your going to lower it IMO do it right, change the springs and struts to match for the ride you want and like, regardless of low you go.

Raymond

Reaction score
Running lowering springs on stock dampers is just decreasing the life of the stock dampers. They are designed to be used at stock ride height, so when you lower the car nearly (or more than) 2", you're forcing the dampers to compress constantly to make up for the lower height. This is basically "using" the dampers more than you would have given a stock height. Ride quality is sacrificed and performance-orientated handling is not as good as it could be.

If you can't afford aftermarket dampers, you don't HAVE to get them right away. Like LeeAnn mentioned about my last car, and other people here have stated, you can go quite some time on the stock dampers with a nice drop. Just know that you'll have to replace your dampers sooner than you would have otherwise.

If you can afford the dampers, get them. The ride quality is so much smoother, the car will handle better, and they will last MUCH longer.

Back